Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painted Ls1 in a third gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted Ls1 in a third gen

I did some painting today on my motor. I like how it turned out! I will have the intake redone this winter, as I did not use any plastic prep when I painted the intake. I used 900 degree engine paint to see how it would look and not melt. I just have to get a professional job and it will be sweet. Notice the sweet pin holes!

So what do you guys think of the color scheme?

Here are the old pics, with the crappy ebay throttle body,

Now the new red!
I love the red intake with the black fuel rail. I didn;t paint the injectors because I am going to sell them this winter.

Thanks for looking.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man it looks good, what kind of intake elbow is it? It looks massive. I have yet to finish the swap into my iroc, but plan to paint my intake/valve covers/timing covers also. I'm thinking of doing the intake ext color and the timing/valve covers powdercoated black. Did you do it all yourself?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks WAY better than before, but I would prefer it to match the car color.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by legal disaster
Hey man it looks good, what kind of intake elbow is it? It looks massive. I have yet to finish the swap into my iroc, but plan to paint my intake/valve covers/timing covers also. I'm thinking of doing the intake ext color and the timing/valve covers powdercoated black. Did you do it all yourself?
Thanks! I got the intake elbow from intakehoses.com. I did it all myself. I will have a shop redo it this winter to make it look a little better.