Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

scrapes on front bumper cover....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrapes on front bumper cover....

my ws6 is lowered and the previous owner must have scraped quite a bit one time because there is about 8 inches of scrapes at the very bottom passenger side bumper cover. It isnt too noticeable while looking around the outside, but if you are looking low you can see the white fiberglass...

anyway is there something i can use to cover this? I definitely dont want to repaint the whole front bumper cover for this(especially since you dont notice it most of the time), I was thinking of maybe a glossy touch up paint that I could just go over, sure it wouldn't match and would look like crap, but it would look better than the white fiberglass that you can see now.

Car is NBM 2000 WS6
Old 11-05-2007, 04:51 AM
TECH Resident

Default scratches

take a black magic marker and fill in the scratches, that is if they are not to deep it'll cover good.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

i would go to a local body shop and ask them to just mix up the standard varient of navy blue metallic for your car. it doesnt have to be a perfect match but jsut something close enough. have them mix atleast 4 ounces of color.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by billyb
take a black magic marker and fill in the scratches, that is if they are not to deep it'll cover good.
I was thinking that too! I have a W68 Firebird and here in TN they have all these steep driveways to the businesses and even some streets and I got tired of sanding filling and painting my front pieces. I have a friend that works at a metals shop, so I made a template and asked him to cut me two pieces of 1/8 inch steel that I can bolt to the underside of the plastic. I've got the pieces now, but I gotta hammer em to bend em just right and then drill the bolt holes (and counter-sink) and I'll have em on. I'll still have to mask the metal off and paint it from time to time, but at least it'll save the plastic! Swat
Old 11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
pit
Staging Lane

man let me know how that works out for you ive been thinking of doin the same thing for months
Old 11-07-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry pit, but don't hold your breath! With the long hours I have at work and all the work here at the house, I don't get many projects done very often. I'll definately post something with a few pics and a couple details on how it all went.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I had my S-10 it was about 1 inch off the ground an I had the same issue. My front an back bumper was always getting scratched. I took it to the local spray on truck bed liner places and had them spray the very bottom all the way around the car. It was only visable if you were looking at it from under the truck.

Quick Reply: scrapes on front bumper cover....