Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Garage door hit my car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage door hit my car!

So after a 3 hour detail session on the Z, I took it out for a spin and it started to sprinkle a little. So I get back to the house a wipe it down real quick. Well my garage is pretty small so i kinda have to park at a angle and up till now ive never had a problem with this. Well after I get the car all wiped down I turn off the lights an press the garage button an start walking into the house. No sooner do I shut the door I hear the garage door stop then go back up! Yeap the car wasnt all the way in and the damn door put a inch long scratch on the back bumper.

So fellas what are my options here? (This is not the kinda scratch some scratch X will cure its pretty deep) Is there anything I can try or do I gotta go to a paint shop? Worst case the whole bumper has to be repainted right? Anyone been there before know what it cost to get the back bumper resprayed?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tennz28
So after a 3 hour detail session on the Z, I took it out for a spin and it started to sprinkle a little. So I get back to the house a wipe it down real quick. Well my garage is pretty small so i kinda have to park at a angle and up till now ive never had a problem with this. Well after I get the car all wiped down I turn off the lights an press the garage button an start walking into the house. No sooner do I shut the door I hear the garage door stop then go back up! Yeap the car wasnt all the way in and the damn door put a inch long scratch on the back bumper.

So fellas what are my options here? (This is not the kinda scratch some scratch X will cure its pretty deep) Is there anything I can try or do I gotta go to a paint shop? Worst case the whole bumper has to be repainted right? Anyone been there before know what it cost to get the back bumper resprayed?
I would say roughly $400-$500 for it to be repainted.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was able to get my front bumper repainted for $400 cash by a local painter. Perhaps you can have the same luck. It's a lot of money but for a full strip and repaint, it's not. There's so much work involved.

However, you may be able to get someone to do a spot repair but it might not turn out perfect.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

insurance just paid 350 for my back bumper to be repainted
Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Cool. Just reading the story now. You would have to get it repainted.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got a estimate for 475$ for my front and rear bumper to be repaired and repainted so I guess i lucked out.

Quick Reply: Garage door hit my car!