Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

T TOP Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T TOP Area

I just completed a t-top conversion to my 99 TA. Can anyone give me advice how to smooth out the area between the windshield, and t-top area?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Default t tops

r u talking about where you took about your metal support pillars? did conversion to mine to and i had to built the rest of the rain gutter thing outta metal then smoothed it out with Metal to Metal bondo and then followed with skin coat of bondo. ??????
Old 12-18-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you are talking about the front where the little ridge is by the front windshield you need to use some sort of bondo or a flexible one like dyno-de light. its just like bondo but it flexs so you wont see any cracks.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by transambandit
if you are talking about the front where the little ridge is by the front windshield you need to use some sort of bondo or a flexible one like dyno-de light. its just like bondo but it flexs so you wont see any cracks.
Heh. I used that stuff before reading your reply. It looks pretty good, I just have to wait for it to cure before I prime and paint it. It doesn't matter really if its perfect, because I plan on getting a new paint job done within 6 months or so, so Im sure the body shop can smooth it out some more. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeztires
I just completed a t-top conversion to my 99 TA. Can anyone give me advice how to smooth out the area between the windshield, and t-top area?
I thought all ls1 trans ams came with ttops??? Did your trans am not have ttops stock?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah all 98+ had ttops didnt they? Unless it was a firebird.