Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

any special attahcments to use when pulling on the rear unibody frame rails?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any special attahcments to use when pulling on the rear unibody frame rails?

me and my friend used his regular hook type that goes inside the rail and has a 90 degree bend that fits right into the last hole on the rail.

we had two clamps on the drivers side pinch welds, one in front of the lca mount and one right the door for the most part.

the frame was just creased in alittle at the middle of the second hole from the back and when we started pulling the hook just started ripping the hole it was in before even pulling out the small crease in the frame. I am sure it most likely stretched it out some, but couldnt tell.

we were thinking about getting heavy pieces of metal and making something that attaches to the 4 hole at the end of the rail and pull from there but i believe we pulled on it enough.

personally I think I should stop before we cause more damage or stretch it further than stock.

the wire is just a ghetto extra exhaust hanger to keep it more level.

I hate working on cars and this stuff pissed me off when u cant even fix a small crease without even causing more damage.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 480 Likes on 331 Posts

wish I was closer to you so I could see this are better... there are several options...
1. Tack weld pull tabs in the crease and pull the damage out...
2. Cut a flap on the other side and hammer it out then fold the flap back and weld it up...
3. Replace that section of the rail...
4. Patch it up the best you can and just leave it alone asuuming you can get everything else to line up...

Just remember to use cavity wax inside the Rail or a similar product so that you don't have any rust issues latter.