Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Removing rear window....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing rear window....

how do you remove the rear window from a 4th gen fbody? Is it cheap to just have someone else do it? Never seen anything on the subject and search didnt find anything either....
Old 02-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a used 94 Trans Am Hatch to drop on my Formula a few months back. The guys kids had busted the window out and he let it go for $150 bucks which is a steal imo. Instead of buyin a whole new window for $200-300 bucks, I just had the body shop take my window out of my low profile hatch (which was already tinted), purchase a new seal, and put it in the Trans Am Hatch and put it on the car. Ran me $135 bucks. I saved round $150 bucks + got to keep my original hatch. Hope this gives you a round about figure on what it should cost you.

Also, You pretty much have no choice to bust up the seal around the window to remove it. You have no choice but to purchase a new one. runs round $90 bucks or so.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i dont need the seal so that doesnt bother me, i was just wondering how to actually remove the window. I guess i can just have it done but i didnt want to wait i wanted to do it tonight. Thanks for the help. I have to have someone come out and replace the glass in my daly driver anyway so i guess ill just go that route