Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

bolt sizes and locations on front clip

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default bolt sizes and locations on front clip

i recently wrecked my 98. i bought a front half of a 2000 Camaro to rebuild mine (entire car cut off at top of windshield down through floor, minus motor and trans.) well, my grandpa got to it before i could and took all the bolts off the new car and threw them in a box. i was going to tag and bag them, but too late. my car was already took apart, didnt really put any bolts in bags and stuff because i knew i was getting the new car, and was not really sure where all the bolts came from off the wrecked car.

well here is my question, is there any manual, book, computer media that will tell me what size bolts go where on the front end? im so tired of spending all my time searching for a bolt that will fit where i need it, and after the fact not knowing if thats exactly where it goes........please help guys. thansk.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went though the same thing man. The best thing to do is go to the dealer and ask them to print you some diagrams. My dealer game me all the bolt sizes so i could buy the bolts at a bolt and nut store for cheap. I was able to buy everything out of stainless. It also takes plastic inserts and those you will have to get from them ,but they are cheap. i think even advanced sales them plastic things.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:14 AM
12 Second Club

see, i went to the dealer and asked for something like that, and they told me....well ill just lay it out

me: hi, i have a problem, i wrecked my car and all the bolts off the donor car were mixed up, do you have any sort of collision manual or bolt list and location print out i can buy?
parts guy: no, sorry we dont sell or give that information out. lets set up an appointment for you to bring the car in and we will put it back together for you, we dont reccomend the average person putting a wrecked car back together. your name is?
me: sorry, ive been putting wrecks back together for the past 10 years with my family, i think i know what im doing, i just need this information to avoid putting bolts where they dont go.
parts guy: no, you better bring it in to us, to ensure it gets done right.
me: well, i guess ill do it wrong then, cause the reason the insurance company totaled it is because they didnt want to pay the dealer to put it back together, and neither do i. ill go somewhere else and get what i need. (walks out door)

so now im here....i think ill try another dealership and see if i cant get the info you told me about......
Old 02-23-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats sucks! I guess your parts guys are ******. I can call up there and they will give me the specs. Man if you want i'll pm you the parts guy number from the dealership i go to maybe they will help you out. But its here in the Houston area. i dont know how much of a help that would be but you can give it a shot
Old 02-23-2008, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

man i appreciate it, but let me check with a few other dealerships, now that i know they have that kind of stuff, i can tell them how it is.

Quick Reply: bolt sizes and locations on front clip