Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Repair gravel chips

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair gravel chips

What is the best way to repair gravel chips in the front bumper cover? I could sand them out but then there would probably be a visible valley. The other ideas I have are to dab some high build primer surfacer in each chip or fill them in with some glazing. I need some direction on thre right way to fix this. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

if theres a lot its honestly not worth the time. your better off getting a new bumper. but i think the best way is to take 220 and sand them out as best as possible keepying the d/a flat. then go over everything with 400. and chips that dont sand out use some glaze to fill them. then block the filler in. then apply a high build primer over everything and block the primer out. if they dont fill still u might ahve to put some more primer on there and if they dont fill after that then they probablly wont fill. post some pics of the bumper.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

if your repainting the bumper get some paint stripper thats safe for plastic and just strip it
Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02gtp4now
if your repainting the bumper get some paint stripper thats safe for plastic and just strip it
I second this idea