Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

What to do with all the holes

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do with all the holes

I recently did the wire mod and moved the traction control module and would like to plug up all the holes on the fender well. I could take it and have them welded closed or just use some filler. What are you guys doing? thanks
Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

dont just use filler thats the cheap/redneck way of doing things...after a while it will just crack and fall out. either use plastic grommets or have them welded and then ground smooth and then if your going for a classy look a little bit of filler to fill the grind marks and then a fresh coat of paint over the top of that
Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

The holes are small enough for filler, trust me. Get a bit of fiberglass filler from your favorite vendor and fill them, sand smooth, then paint. Filler has come a long way, a 1/4 inch hole on your strut tower isn't going to crack.. We've filled holes big enough to fit your fist into with long strand fiberglass filler and they're still holding up great years later, not exactly what you'd want to do to the rocker of your f-body, but for a dd your trying to get a few years out of, or a small hole, fiber glass it.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Hey, thanks for the advice. Nothing better than talking to someone who has done it. Anyone else do this?