Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

2000 TA fresh out of the paint shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definately original and i think it looks nice. the only thing i did notice in the first pic is from the shadow maybe? it looks like you can still see an indent where the plate or foglight use to be. superhawk hood kicks *** tho
Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Rare looking one of a kind. Might look better with some type fog lights in the front. To each his own. All in all not bad.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
the only thing i did notice in the first pic is from the shadow maybe? it looks like you can still see an indent where the plate or foglight use to be.
I don't think that clip ever had an 'indent' That is a fiberglass clip produced by the maker of the Firebird Evolution E-1. Notice the lower vents/disc coolers wrap around more than the stock TA clip.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Creed420
Those rims are not cheap. have you priced them?! for the dual spoke 18" C6's I got ran me 1600+ bucks and thats w/ tires. THAT is not cheap. Maybe he wanted a decent rim and that was all he could afford at the time? Maybe there are unknowns that you do not know about finacially in his life etc. Some things should just be left unsaid and telling someone thier car looks cheap is one of those things, especially after all the hard work and money they've put into it.

I believe if he lowed the car a bit it would look alot better. As it sits right now its way to high and not real "sporty" looking. Its the hieght thats killing the look of the rims.

Tell yer friend to lower the car and get the blue Ceta and then he will be ballin!
Just for your info c6 rims are pretty cheap...i got my c6 z06's from Tomz Wheels for like 6xx a set.....i dunno how much cheaper you can get..
Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
This is my buddys ride, it was picked up today from south coast custome here in the Woodlands. It is C6 wheels, custom hood that is 1 of 500 made and he had the heat extractors removed so it is a one of a kind now. The fenders were modded with 76 TA vents, the stock vents removed and a rear winf from a wrecked Firehawk. The front bumper is a custom piece also, he has 5600$ in the paint and bosy and i believe took a month or so to do.

Enjoy

It is escalade pearl white with Audi blue on the flames.

I ran into him on Saturday driving soutbound on 59. He was coming from behind me looked pretty good. Does he have any engine mods? I was toying with him in the GOAT
Old 04-19-2008, 11:38 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,240 Posts

I don't want to put the car down, as appearance stuff is all subjective and we all have different opinions on what's good (I think stock Z28s look great with just some nice wheels, most think that's boring as hell...so what do I know! ).

Anyway, if I wanted to build a custom T/A like that, here is what I would have done differently:

- The front is a little plain without the foglights. If the bumper cover didn't come with provisions for that, I would have had them custom cut for stock T/A fog lights.

- The old school T/A fender vents look a bit out of place with the body lines of a 4th gen. I would have left the stock ones.

- I would have left the stock spoiler.

- CETA mod would look great for that car, with the same blue as the flames (as many others have stated).

- The tail light centerpiece should be replaced with one from a 30th Ann package T/A (where the bird and "Trans Am" writing are in white).

- Wheels should be CCW 505a, or if he wanted a budget chrome wheel than chrome TTMs in 9" front and 10.5" rear. I don't like C6 wheels on any F-bodies. C6 wheels look great on C6s, but are too "edgy/sharp" looking for the smoother lines of a 4th gen F-car.

Just my opinion. But remember, I'm the guy that usually prefers stock looking cars, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

silly imo.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with rpmws6 about getting ccws and the blue ceta Other than that I really like it. Not too sure about the vents on the side though and the front does look alittle strange without fog lights. Def unique and good looking though. Just dress the back up a little
Old 04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would have kept the fog lights.

I would have kept the stock spoiler.

I really prefer mono-tone paint.... but since you did the blue flames..... the CETA mod in blue would be a good mod.(I'm usually not a CETA fan due to my preference for mono-tone paint scheme.)

I would have went with the plain black tail light centerpiece----nothing on it.

C6 wheels are nice... they give the car a more modern appearance.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

- The tail light centerpiece should be replaced with one from a 30th Ann package T/A (where the bird and "Trans Am" writing are in white).
it is silver not white. same as the CETA
Old 04-19-2008, 02:38 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
it is silver not white. same as the CETA
No, it is white.

I was parked near a 30th Ann WS6 at a car show last August. The car looked to have about 1,500 miles on it, and was perfect. So perfect in fact that he beat me by 2 points and took 1st place in our class (I was 2nd). His tail light centerpiece was definitely white.

Also, keep in mind that there were two different centerpieces used on the 30th Ann cars, but both were clearly white. Here is a 30th ann car with the same 'style' centerpiece as a CETA, but it's white:

Here is the silver CETA for comparasion:

And here is another 30th car:

Now, here is 'other' style, that also came in white on the 30th cars:

Old 04-21-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like the body mods, but if it was painted a single color i think it would of looked WAY better. jmo.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like it...most of it. I don't care for the front bumper cover. It reminds me of Keanu Reeves's mouth in the Matrix when he is getting interrogated and that Smith guy makes his mouth go away.

Everything else looks good though.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fast377
I don't care for the front bumper cover. It reminds me of Keanu Reeves's mouth in the Matrix when he is getting interrogated and that Smith guy makes his mouth go away.

Although... I like it because there is no "hole" "mouth" for the license plate.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

then explain why the part number form GM is the same?

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
No, it is white.

I was parked near a 30th Ann WS6 at a car show last August. The car looked to have about 1,500 miles on it, and was perfect. So perfect in fact that he beat me by 2 points and took 1st place in our class (I was 2nd). His tail light centerpiece was definitely white.

Also, keep in mind that there were two different centerpieces used on the 30th Ann cars, but both were clearly white. Here is a 30th ann car with the same 'style' centerpiece as a CETA, but it's white:

Here is the silver CETA for comparasion:

And here is another 30th car:

Now, here is 'other' style, that also came in white on the 30th cars:

Old 04-27-2008, 01:53 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
then explain why the part number form GM is the same?
Who knows? Maybe the '99 part has been disco'ed, and the part number from the '02 CETA now supercedes it as a replacement? It wouldn't be the first time GM has done something like this. If you order a center console lid for a '97-'99 "dark gray" interior F-body, you'll get the lid from a '00+ "ebony" interior F-body, even though they are two slightly different colors. The original dark gray ones are no longer available, so they give you what they've got left. Same with rearview mirrors; the '99 and earlier cars got a totally different style of mirror compared to '00+, but the old mirror is no longer available. They give you the new style even if you order for a '98 car.

All I can tell you is, the 30th cars definitely received white letters on the tail light center piece, as seen in the pics above.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Not my taste but if the owner likes it that is all that really matters. I can appreciate the work that went into it but not my thing. Sorry.