Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Red re-paint a tad darker...What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red re-paint a tad darker...What to do?

Hi All, Bought my Z28 about a month ago nice car, clean 28K mi. The car has not been hit but the rt rear qtr panel was repainted. I didn't see this till a month after I bought it, when I buffed and polished it. The re-paint is a shade darker than the rest of the car you can tell on a bright day especially where it meets the bumper and rear tail light panel. Only the back part of the qtr panel was repainted and blended as you go towards the front of the qtr panel. So where the qtr meets the door it's factory paint and looks good. Is there something I can try that will help to lighten the color in that part of the qtr pnl. Is there a compound of some sort? Wet sanding? Any idea's aside from a repaint? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Nope, compounds and nothing is going to help, they should have blended it into the bumper and door. Or if they were to do the **** right they could have got the color down pat with spray out cards.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Launching!

You could bring it to a good shop and have them match the bumper color, and reblend the quarter. If no one's confident in doing that, you're going to have to blend the bumper, tail light panel, and the quarter.