Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need opinions please, to paint, or not to paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions please, to paint, or not to paint

Well, I bought my '98 Camaro about six months ago now, only to find that some jackass hit my right passenger fender/bumper in the school parking lot the other day. I have no idea who did it, and it's now up to me to cover the costs. Both the passenger fender and front bumper were trashed, so I had to buy a new one of each (both OEM, bought last night).

Now my question is, the rest of my car needs touch up paint as well. I have three dents that need to be pulled (stupid people letting their car doors hit me) and several spots in which bologna was thrown on my car at a party (four total spots where the paint is corroding, each about a circular size of 4-5" in diameter). I also need a small rust spot under my door panel touched up.

Being that I need to have my front bumper and fender painted, should I have the other areas touched up, or just the whole car repainted? Anyone know how much something like all of the above will cost? Thanks in advance for any and all input.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Haveing the whole car painted will make a huge difference. Though it will cost a lot more. I would say to do the whole car right would be any where from 1,000-5,000. This is just a guess. I would just go around and get estimates and some reputable shops.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

just wait till you get it painted and then somethin happens to it, scratches dents and stuff, it will make you sick, I know I spent 4000 dollers a couple a years ago on a paint job for one of my cars and it seems like since then eveything that could happen to damage my paint has and it sux
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

paint the whole car bro