Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

would a heat gun work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wtomlinson
is it the other way around? larger plate being 10409247 and small one being the other? just curious cuz that's one number off from the right side big plate. either way, thanks a lot for that information. i'm gonna swing by the chevy dealer tomorrow and see how fast they can get me the parts in.
Yes. Sorry. Swap those part numbers.
Those two brackets will probably fix you up. There is another bracket farther in but I highly doubt you need that one. It is number 12 in the picture.

It is just hard to bend them because they don't look straight from the factory. They are bent in a very specific way and that is why I advise you to get new ones. If you are slightly off it will still show!

I did the exact same thing you are about to do. It isn't hard but it takes time. Remove your fender liner, deflectors, ect and it will be a lot easier!!
Attached Thumbnails would a heat gun work?-camaro02front.jpg  
Old 04-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah when i took the bracket out to try and fix it, i found out (after about 30 minutes) that the fender liner removed would help. just ordered the 2 brackets from the dealer today. cost me $45 and they're supposed to be in around tuesday or wednesday.

Quick Reply: would a heat gun work?