Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Ordering Paint Via Paint Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Ordering Paint Via Paint Code

I am new to this entire process and am looking to order paint for my car. I found the paint code (637R from the new ZR1) but do not know how to order it. Is that all I need to take into a local paint shop to have them mix it for me? What exactly is the process here?

Someone please guide me through what I need to do..
Old 05-16-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah pretty much. just go with a good paint supplier. my personal favorites are standox and spies and hekker. ppg isnt bad either. all you would have to do is go in there give them the paint code and they might ask you which variant you want. most cars have a couple different variants of the same color because they spray one car one color and 30 seconds later the next car on the assembly line gets sprayed a different color. the guns only have like 30 seconds to clean out so you might have a little color from the pervious car still in there. your best bet is go with the standard variant for the color.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Cool. Another worry I have is that since the car hasn't been released yet, will they be able to make the color for me? Or do I have to wait until the car is available for sale before the paint is available as well?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Launching!

YOu can only try and see if they can mix it yet. And another thing they are prolly gonna ask you how you want it. Tell them you want it in base coat/clearcoat.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

yes definately go with base coat clear coat like it was said above. if your changing the color you wont need to wait for the car. they will mix it for you. you would have to wait if you decided to repaint it the same color and wanted an exact color match.