Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

? On Hatch Weatherstrip

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? On Hatch Weatherstrip

my car was in a rear end and was repaired. my hatch gaps and everything is off. ive been back to the shop and they say there is nothing they can do.

any how the hatch weather strip has what feels like 2 firm spots. are these location specific or just part of the molding process?
Old 06-15-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

could be wear they completed the weathstrip. as far as it lining up like crap and them saying theres nothing they can do i find that a bunch on bs. my hatch is lining up like crap right now and its because the frame rails bent! this happened before i owned the car but i was curious as to why it lined up like crap and when i got under the car to drop the gas tank the bent frame rail was giving me a big HELLO
Old 06-15-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well "sterling auto body" replaced both quarters, i bet one is out of wack. all other lines are good. so if i tweak for the ones that are off it'll throw off the others.

the weather strip appears to be a solid piece (no end but ups) so i was just curious if gm had stiffened up two spots for specific contact points.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can anyone run their hands on there hatch weatherstrip and see if theres to firm points? and state where there at?

Quick Reply: ? On Hatch Weatherstrip