Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painting Options.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Options.....

Ever since I got my car I have wanted the top black. I talked to a friend of mine and he said that he would do it for the cost of paint and I have to help him mask and sand it off. So I'll have about $50 when I get everything at his cost.

Shortly after I get the top painted I'm going to get the windows tinted 15% all around with a stripe on the windshield. When we're done painting the top I'll have some paint left over and was thinking of painting my wheels black too. But not the whole wheel I don't think, mabye just the face and leave the lip silver. But if I paint the whole wheel black and don't like it I can always get the wheels done in silver again for basically nothing. The paint on the wheels is scratched up and they need to be redone anyway and I think it would look good with black wheels, but it might be too much.

Let me know what you think. And if anyone has some photoshop skills and wants to do a couple chops for me I'd really appreciate it.

Heres a couple pics.....

Old 06-20-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

didn't read the whole thread or else I'd post more of an opinion. but I think it would look good with a black top & dark tint.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by candlelit
didn't read the whole thread or else I'd post more of an opinion. but I think it would look good with a black top & dark tint.
Thanks man, how about black wheels? I'm really torn on that idea. A few of my friends say all black, some say with a polished lip and some say leave them. And I'm just really unsure

Thanks for the comment
Old 06-21-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Bump......
Old 06-21-2008, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

I don't know about black wheels on a green car, I think some nice polished aluminum ones would look better, IMHO. If you do o with black ones I would def do the polished lip.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by torquejunky
I don't know about black wheels on a green car, I think some nice polished aluminum ones would look better, IMHO. If you do o with black ones I would def do the polished lip.
I agree. I haven't seen too many, if any, good looking green cars with black wheels. I'd say go with a polished/silver/chrome looking wheel. But hey, do what YOU like and not what OTHERS think they'll like.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

leave it as is , v6's most always have a color match top , adds to the sleeper effect . tmo
Old 06-23-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

I'm pretty sure I'm against the black wheels, like you guys said there aren't too many good looking green cars with black wheels. I'm going to stick with the silver for a while, but will end up with something different down the road. But the top is getting done black, I think it will look way more badass especially when the windows are tinted 15%.

Thanks for all of the comments guys and if anyone is any good at photoshop and wants to give the black wheels a try so I can get a better idea I'd really appreciate it. I know I'm suppost to put it up top, but the thread is already here.

Quick Reply: Painting Options.....