Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Tropicare users come on in/Car care users

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tropicare users come on in/Car care users

I just recently purchased a 2000 SS BLACK Camaro, unfortunately due to age, the car has the usual suspect, swirl marks in the paint. and because it is black it is quite noticeable, now, if the sun isnt hitting directly on the car, the paint is flawless, no scratched, chips, dings, in the car, its in pristine shape, with 33k miles, garage kept its entire life. but im not sure what the previous owner washed the girl with.

my brother mentioned tropi-care to me, saying that, when he had his 2000 camaro back in the day that is what he used, and i trust him so i figured i would start a search on the board, I came across a thread by brian2006z28 (i think thats what it was). he just recently switched to tropicare and after reading that post i had my mind set, im going to purchase that microfiber washer he is using.

now my question is, what tropicare products should i be looking at for fixing the annoying swirl marks?

on the site there Tropi-Care Swirl Cutter, it mentions to use that after a machine buffer, is that the only time you can use it? because i dont use a machine buffer and have the swirls. I would like to get a wax, and some sort of swirl fix if thats what they offer.

sorry for the long post, just wanted to leave some background on the situation.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:50 AM
12 Second Club

nothing?
Old 07-19-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only way you are going to get out swirl marks is with a buffer. You can do it by hand but it takes a long long time. Invest in a PC or Dewalt 849.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6']['9
the only way you are going to get out swirl marks is with a buffer. You can do it by hand but it takes a long long time. Invest in a PC or Dewalt 849.
+1 for the buffer
Old 07-28-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

do you have swirl marks (holograms shift under light) or spider scratches (small scratches that don't move under light)? If number one then swirl cutter. If number 2 then get a porter cable and the 3M Perfect it 2 rubbing compound. Go over the car with that to remove the spider scratches, then go over it with swirl cutter for an awsome shine.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 6']['9
Not true. You can also try wetsanding.

However, there will be no way to remove swirls with a compound by hand. You need a dual action buffer
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Not true. You can also try wetsanding.

However, there will be no way to remove swirls with a compound by hand. You need a dual action buffer
ive done it by hand and it does work. I dont do it like that but if you try it with a polishing pal and a cutting pad it will work it takes a long long time but if you do it long enough it works.

OT i sent ya an email

Quick Reply: Tropicare users come on in/Car care users