Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

thinking about something different...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008 | 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default thinking about something different...

Well, since I had a dog decide to run around on my hood while it was parked outside of the garage over night, and the car used to be a hiway patrol car, im thinking about repainting the whole car (currently white top/ black bottom). The whole car is going to be painted black. My question is, if I decided to try something I haven't seen before and go with flat or satin black racing stripes on a gloss black finish, would it look funky or pretty good? Thanks in advance to all comments.
Old 08-02-2008 | 05:54 PM
On The Tree

its been done and it looks pretty bad ***. Look in the appearance and detailing section maybe from about 3 or 4 weeks ago I think
Old 08-03-2008 | 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

yes it's definitely been done on plenty of cars and looks nice, if you want something really different you could do the reverse; satin car with gloss stripes. I saw an old custom low rider the other day that had satin paint with gloss flames, it looked sick!
Old 08-03-2008 | 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well that sucks...i was hoping that i finally had an original idea...oh well, might still do it...
Old 08-03-2008 | 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

do what you like. someone did a gun metal grey car with satin stripes and it looked pretty sick. the only problem with doing a flat or satin black car completely is it being a real pain in the ***** to take car of.