Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

New Paint For The SS any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammyboy
Black, black, black, black, black
It was black and i'll never own another black car. Looks great but way too much upkeep.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
i want to see in process pics to see how much prep work is really being done because 1200 is dirt cheap. for a complete at my shop your running about 1200-1500 in materials for a production color(using standox its a bit more expensive). is he fixing any dents or any scatches? is he doing and priming and blocking? is he doing the engine bay? i understand your not looking for show quality but it just seems to be way cheaper then it should be.
PPG paint (not sure what one).All the trim is coming off front cap(fender is being changed anyway) spoiler doing jambs. not under hood I'm going to bring it back while the motor's out that way it will be a much better job. I have a 383 I'm finishing up and going to put it in this winter some time with a tubular k member and a arms I'll drop it off to him then to do the engine bay. I'll get some during pics guys.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

yeah ppg is ok im not a fan personally but a lot of people are. i personally like standox spies and hekker and rm but yeah. yeah i want to see during pics only because i want you to make sure your getting quality and your paints not going to be flaking in a year. also make sure hes warrentying his work.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool thanks man. Yeah it's going to have a warranty. I stopped this morning but he hasn't started yet but that's cool i told him it wasn't a rush. I'll post up pics as soon as i can. He said once he gets started it will be about a week and a half to two weeks to finish it. Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Dark Gray dumdumdum!
Old 12-29-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok update. The Holidays have slowed everything down and it's still in the paint shop. I stopped by today and the car is apart and scuffed the small amount of bodywork is done and has been blocked. The hood (the worst part) has been blocked.The hood,hatch,Front cap,bumper cover, side mirrors,door panels,sill plates,door handles, and all kinds of other **** are all taken off the car.He'll still have it for another 1-2 weeks or so with the holiday coming up. I'll post up the pics as soon as i find out how. it's taking longer than expected but i knew going into this that he wasn't making a lot off of my paint job and it would be on the back burner with other money making jobs first lol.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TS6
I'll go on record right now as saying ANY $1200 paint job will in fact lick *****.
X100 you get what you pay for just remember that.........
Old 12-29-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i hope it works out. Like i said i'll post it up good or bad.