Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

New Clutch- 6 puck w/Sachs PP

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Clutch- 6 puck w/Sachs PP

This is a brand new clutch set I bought to put in my SS before I decided to build a supercharged stroker. Purchased from a local shop in Springfield, Il. that has done specialty brake and clutch work for decades. All new Velvet Touch cerametalic buttons on a brand new sprung hub assembly. Disk is 26 spline and measures approx .350 thick and 11 3/4 in dia., and can be used with an LS6 type pressure plate. I used an identical disk with a used LS6 PP for several thousand miles and had no slippage issues with my 420 RWHP 02 SS. Be aware that if you choose to use this disk with a used LS6 type PP, YOU MUST RESET THE ADJUSTERS ON THE PP!!! Only someone with the capability to depress the fingers on the plate and reset the adjusters should attempt this. I was going to use it with the new Sachs pressure plate you see pictured. It has a 2100lb clamp force rating with no adjuster. In order to use this set up properly, you would need to measure your install height and shim for correct air gap between the PP fingers and the slave throwout bearing. As I remember, I purchased RAM brand slave shims from Texas Speed or Thunder Racing in the past. I am looking to sell this to someone with clutch knowledge and experience installing these types of clutches into LS equipped cars. This is NOT a clutch for the novice. It will likely have some chatter from street driving. For those of you still interested, a disk like this costs about $300 to have built new, which this is. I always have a local machine shop balance my PP and flywheels together even though pressure plates are balanced from the factory and highly recommend doing so to avoid any vibration issues. LOWERED TO $250 + UPS shipping ONLY

Last edited by DAVESS02; 12-29-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Up again.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To the top/price lowered
Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Price dropped to $250 + shipping