Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Comp Cams Retro Fit Roller Lifters for SBC

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp Cams Retro Fit Roller Lifters for SBC

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $275
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: Small Block
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

$275 Shipped CONUS

Up for sale is a set of Competition Camshafts 853-16 retro fit hydraulic roller lifters. There are 8 pairs for sale (16 lifters) and these will take any 1955-85 SBC that is a non-roller block and allow you to run a roller camshaft. These are hydraulic lifters and they are in great shape. I pulled them out of a 383 that had no valve float issues and made gobs of power. These retail new for $450+, however since they are roller hydraulic lifters, they don't wear like flat tappet lifters and you can run these with any camshaft and have no worries about cam wear, dropping cam lobes, etc that you used to have to worry about with flat tappet lifters. Also, no need to worry about zinc and other additives in your oil to prevent premature camshaft wear, the rollers remove that problem. (I ran them with synthetic.)

These lifters feature a tie bar which ties together the pairs of lifters. This prevents them from spinning in the lifter bore (as flat tappet lifters are designed to) and keeps the roller wheel centered on the camshaft lobe. As you can see the tie bar allows the lifters to move independently of each other, they just won't spin and ruin a roller camshaft.

Retro-Fit Roller Lifter for Early Model Blocks Originally Equipped w/ Flat Tappet Cam, Tall Body Fits Both Standard Blocks & Tall Lifter Bore Aftermarket Blocks

• Performance replacement for stock hydraulic roller lifters or retro-fit hydraulic roller lifters for non-roller blocks

• Decrease friction and increase longevity when directly compared to flat tappet lifters

• Accept much more aggressive cam profiles than flat tappet lifters will allow
For more information, please see CompCams website: http://www.compperformancegroupstore...Category_Code=

I was hanging on to these lifters for another build, but have decided to to try building an LS motor, so my loss is your gain.

I do believe these are listed to fit Chevy v6 motors as well (though with 2 extra pairs of lifters (4)) but I only used these in a SBC v8 motor.

These items will be shipped w/in 2 business days upon receipt of payment and are sold as is. Tracking numbers and insurance is available if wanted.
Attached Thumbnails Comp Cams Retro Fit Roller Lifters for SBC-img_3292-copy.jpg   Comp Cams Retro Fit Roller Lifters for SBC-img_3291-copy.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump! Make me an offer before they go on Ebay.