Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Turn Key LS3 Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turn Key LS3 Motor

Category: Audio/Video/Electronics
Price: $5000
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V, 67-92 Chevrolet Camaro, 67-92 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): IN
Item Condition: Used
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

So this is kind of just a feeler thread here.

I need to build a big ol nasty stroker motor so I can race at the LSX Shootout in Indy this fall.
So as of right now I have the cash to go ahead and build the new motor and I want to do a 454 LSX.
But since I have a LS3 in the car right now I could build a 418 stroker and make really good power with it.
The only problem with that is, I will basically be ruining a perfectly good LS3 with less then 500 miles on it and have a completely unuseable rotating assembly, heads, valve train etc.

So what I would like to do is just sell my LS3 to somebody who needs a nice reliable as a anvil motor. As this will keep me from tearing it apart.
I have dyno sheets pushing 463rwhp.
The motor will come with everything including a LS3 clutch for a 2010 Camaro. I will also throw in my PCM so you will not have to get a tune, its ready to go.
All of the serpintine system is from a 2010 Camaro

I am going to start at $5000 on it. It list $5,489 and that does not include any of the front drive or clutch.

As of right now the motor is still in the car, I figure this way if anyone is interested they can come and drive it and hear it run.
I know everyone is going to jump on and say "There is no way it makes 465 to the wheels" This way with it in the car you can go for a ride and know just how quick it really is.
Make me some offers, before I tear it apart.

I would really perfer not to ship this as it will have to be feright, I have a create and pallet if I need to but it will be at the buyers dime.
Here are just a few pictures before it was in the car and in the car. I swapped my LS1 drive on the front of it, I need to keep all that stuff but will throw in all the LS3 stuff with it.
This was a pull out motor from a Brand New Camaro only had 5miles on it when I got the motor.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-13-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Wow

WOW!!!Bump for a freakin good deal
Ide hold off too before ruining such a perfect *** engine GLWS
Old 03-14-2011, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Thanks man like I said I just don't have the heart to tear apart a motor with only 500 miles on it.
My grandpa is building a little 32 street rod and is wanting my old LS1 for it, but I might just give him the LS3 and it will be more motor then he ever needs and will have all his old guy friends enveous of him at all the carshows LOL.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

which harness wire installed on the car to run LS3 ??
Old 03-14-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This motor pulls like a freight train and I believe the 463 HP any day. Free bump for ya!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lt1773
which harness wire installed on the car to run LS3 ??
I used the LS1 harness from my 00 Camaro. You just have to do a little cutting and lengthing some wires.
Also I changed all my injector plugs over to the newer style that is on the LS3, that was a pita! But the adaptors were on back order and they did not know when i would be able to get any so I just bought the new style and rewired them to my car.
Also I am running the stock PCM form the car and just had it re-tuned for the LS3.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Default ls3

still for sale