Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

11 lb. pin-on 98-02 Camaro carbon fiber hood for sale, $350

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 11 lb. pin-on 98-02 Camaro carbon fiber hood for sale, $350

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price: $350
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro
Location (State): GA
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

I've been delving into the world of composites with moderate success. The latest attempt at a carbon hood has yielded what is a very functional hood, but needs some finishing work. I'm trying to sell it to help offset some of the costs of all this trial and error. My end goal is to make a perfect one for my race car. I'm not trying to make a business out of this.

It's a full pin on hood. Weighs 11 lbs. 8 oz. Vs. the stock 52+lbs. It's constructed of three layers of 2x2 twill weave carbon fiber cloth with a 1/4" EPP foam core, all vacuum bagged together using an epoxy resin system. During construction some air was trapped under the bottom layer of carbon, resulting in some craters in the hood surface. It is structurally sound, but will take some filling (ie. bondo or epoxy) and then either lots of sanding/polishing if you want that bare carbon look, or simply paint it. Some of the edges were not up against the mold surface either, and will also need filling. The underside of the hood shows some minor "resin wrinkles" and an imprint from the vacuum port. Please look at the pictures carefully if you are interested in purchasing this so you know exactly what you are getting.

As said, I'm simply trying to recoup my money invested; so I'm selling for for the price of materials first $350+ shipping takes it.

Expect shipping to be $100-120 on the east coast, and it goes up from there. Of course local pickup In Atlanta, GA is OK.

See pics here... http://wstukas.shutterfly.com/pictures/98
Attached Thumbnails 11 lb. pin-on 98-02 Camaro carbon fiber hood for sale, 0-000_0002.jpg  
Old 03-19-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

daily bump.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

bump.