Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Stage 2.5 LS6 243 Absolute Speed heads (need repair)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb Stage 2.5 LS6 243 Absolute Speed heads (need repair)

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $700
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette
Location (State): OR
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

I have a set of Absolute Speed stage 2.5 ported ls6 heads (243 casting) for sale. They have 2.04 intake valves, 1.57 exhaust valves, comp double springs (handle 650ish lift I believe), titanium retainers and viton seals. In addition to the full port, they have had the intake port entrance radiused a little in case you are using an aftermarket intake with larger runners.

I purchased these about 5 years ago for more than I care to admit. I recently got my project car running using these heads. The heads have only a 100miles on them or so. The car runs very strong, however, it smokes pretty heavily. I found the issue. It is the heads. The intake runner of these heads has been ported just a touch to high and a few of the runners have been ported through to the bottom of the spring seat. The holes are like a needle in size or smaller, however, it is enough to allow oil to be sucked into the intake runners.

Conversations that I have had with folks identify two possible solutions to remedy the problem:

1- Have the tiny pin holes welded up, then do any needed valve seat or intake runner cleanup.
2- Replace the existing ID spring locator below the springs, with a cup style OD locator. This cup can be epoxied in place, which will seal the holes.

I've attached photos showing the intake runner. You can barely see a mark on the top of the runner. The photo of the valve spring is with my shining a flashlight into the intake runner. You can see the light peeking through the pin hole at the edge of the seat.

I’m kind of disheartened at this point and just want to get rid of them. I've burned too much time on this project and am just going to spring for a new set. This could be a bargin if you have a tig or some epoxy! $700 shipped. These are being sold AS IS. Paypal accepted.

Thanks
Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Stage 2.5 LS6 243 Absolute Speed heads (need repair)-runner.jpg   Stage 2.5 LS6 243 Absolute Speed heads (need repair)-seat.jpg  

Last edited by FDLS6; 10-07-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: updated description

Quick Reply: Stage 2.5 LS6 243 Absolute Speed heads (need repair)