Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

FTI 3600 Stall

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FTI 3600 Stall

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $500
Part Fits: 04-06 Pontiac GTO
Location (State): CO
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

In August, my 4L65 died. Finally. The converter was neither the cause nor the failure, but I decided to replace my '65 with a 4L80, so I can no longer use this converter.

It was installed in the spring of '10 and has about 5000ish miles on it. Likely less. Maybe a dozen passes at the track. I loved what this converter did for my car. I cannot tell you exactly what the STR is on this converter, but it has to be pretty tight. Driveability with this stall is, hands down, the best I've ever experienced with a stalled auto vehicle. With that said, when at the track, I was able to leave at idle and cut low 1.6 second 60' times on M/T drag radials. The car just plain ***** and gits with this converter.

Your mileage may vary and I would encourage you to consult with your favorite tranny expert (or, better yet, FTI themselves) to see if this stall is the right fit for your application.

Now here's the caveat. I called FTI and was told that it would cost $150 to cut it open and clean it out in the event that my transmission failure puked bits into the converter. After looking over the transmission itself, which failed in a pretty unspectacular fashion, I've filled it and drained it a number of times and had a professional give it a once-over. Neither one of us would hesitate to reinstall this converter just as it sits.

So, with that in mind, I'm asking $500 shipped. PayPal only, unless you can hand me cash in person.

Thanks.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1321547096

Here's a vid of the car the day the transmission finally gave up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUUwhGRMFl0

Note that this is at Bandimere - 5800' ASL.
Attached Thumbnails FTI 3600 Stall-img_0306.jpg