Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

***read if you use paypal!***

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Category: Accessories
Price: $123
Location (State): NJ
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

As I recall once you have spent a certain amount, like 5000 or something, they make it mandatory to enter your bank account info, or you cannot use them any more.

Seamed like extortion to me, being that many merchants only accept it.

I also got scammed by someone on LCA's for my SS, my credit card people were very helpful, paypal... no help at all. They make it vey apparent they don't care as long as they get there cut. My credit card co took the hit for me, pay pal got paid by all the people that got scammed by the same guy as I did.
They put your name in some big useless folder in cyberspace called investigation department, then you never here from them again.

They made there %$ on the same part, sold 5 times, to 5 different people.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

Last edited by 01Z28Camaro; 12-30-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you guys adding the extra 'security' layer? I had my account hacked years ago; it was not phishing, it was someone who legit hacked my account and bought some stuff on Newegg. Paypal identified it about the same time I did and were quick to resolve it. At the time, they suggested I add in the text messaging feature, where to get into my acocunt, AFTER I login I have a text sent to my phone, which I then have to key in to get into the site. It's probably not that hard to hack that as well (who knows) but it hasn't happened since and I'm hoping that if someone was able to get to that stage it would be annoying enough to deter them.

I've been fortunate so far with paypal, but between what's happened to me, all the scams out there, etc I'm nervous as hell to use it.

Also, I DEFINITELY have thet dummy bank account, per se. Never more than a few hundred bucks in it for the most part, and I ALWAYS use credit cards as I have found them to be much, much easier to deal with when **** happens.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by xBrandonx
When you login to Paypal, make sure the address bar at the top says http://www.paypal.com/ and that the green bar is there.

You were probably "phished"

Long story short, you logged into a site that looked like Paypal and they stole your information.

Don't login to Paypal unless your browser looks like above (green logo on the left and Paypal.com is there).

not sure if the link you posted didnt reflect it but the address needs to start with https://
Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Never add ur bank account either.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

I have been using a PayPal security key for several years now. I do several thousand transactions a year and NEVER have any problems. If you don't have one, I suggest you get one. I lucked out and got mine for free several years ago, now they cost $29.95 (still a good deal for the extra security). It generates a different 6 digit password every 30 seconds or so. You type in the 6 digit password the key gives you after your password, so technically your password changes every 30 seconds making it damn near impossible for someone to steal your password. It amazes me how many people don't know about this......

Last edited by White01Formula; 04-25-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Made a correction, PayPal security key now costs $29.95
Old 04-25-2012, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by White01Formula
I have been using a PayPal security key for several years now. I do several thousand transactions a year and NEVER have any problems. If you don't have one, I suggest you get one (They give them out for FREE). It generates a different 6 digit password every 30 seconds or so. You type in the 6 digit password the key gives you after your password, so technically your password changes every 30 seconds making it damn near impossible for someone to steal your password. It amazes me how many people don't know about this......
That's interesting! I've used Paypal for several years and never had any problems with them. With that being said, I would love to add the security of that device - how did you request one?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Onyx_Black_Z28
Originally Posted by White01Formula
I have been using a PayPal security key for several years now. I do several thousand transactions a year and NEVER have any problems. If you don't have one, I suggest you get one (They give them out for FREE). It generates a different 6 digit password every 30 seconds or so. You type in the 6 digit password the key gives you after your password, so technically your password changes every 30 seconds making it damn near impossible for someone to steal your password. It amazes me how many people don't know about this......
That's interesting! I've used Paypal for several years and never had any problems with them. With that being said, I would love to add the security of that device - how did you request one?
It's been at least 2-3 years since I got mine so I can't remember exactly how I ordered it. I'm sure if you log into PayPal and search for security key you will find some info.

********EDIT*******
I just got on PayPal and looked it up. It looks like they charge a one-time fee of $29.95 to order a security key now. If you don't want to spend the money, it looks like you can also have them text you a security code for FREE now.

Last edited by White01Formula; 04-25-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1freak33
I use paypal website and app, i will be changing alot of info on my account today to help keep this from happening.

Sorry to hear that had happened to you man and thanks for sharing.
O yea.. Meant to tell you that I "borrowed" 650$ before you changed your password, just tell them someone stole it. There is no evidence. BAhahaha
Old 04-25-2012, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

Last edited by 01Z28Camaro; 12-30-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: ***read if you use paypal!***