Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

LS oil cooler adapter block

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS oil cooler adapter block

Category: Accessories
Price: $75
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette
Location (State): AZ
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

I have an oil cooler adapter I made it for a project I never built.

It's similar to the Lingenfelter oil block except the fittings are welded rather than threaded (I prefer welded as it's one less place to leak). 10AN in/out fittings, and if need be I can add an oil tap fitting for a turbo/supercharger feed (just let me know what size you need).

With the going rate of these (between $110-$130+ shipping), I'm asking $75 (shipped) for it.

PM me if interested.
Attached Thumbnails LS oil cooler adapter block-img_1601.jpg   LS oil cooler adapter block-img_1602.jpg   LS oil cooler adapter block-img_1603.jpg   LS oil cooler adapter block-block400.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LPE oil cooler adapter block construction clarification

Just to clarify, our oil cooler adapter block is made from a single piece of aluminum. The threads are cut directly into a solid piece of aluminum so a welded construction would have increased risks of oil leaks. That is why we designed ours as a single piece design and cut the threads in a much more costly fashion (directly into the block).

QUOTE=2001CamaroGuy;16590930]I have an oil cooler adapter I made it for a project I never built.

It's similar to the Lingenfelter oil block except the fittings are welded rather than threaded (I prefer welded as it's one less place to leak). 10AN in/out fittings, and if need be I can add an oil tap fitting for a turbo/supercharger feed (just let me know what size you need).

With the going rate of these (between $110-$130+ shipping), I'm asking $75 (shipped) for it.

PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
Just to clarify, our oil cooler adapter block is made from a single piece of aluminum. The threads are cut directly into a solid piece of aluminum so a welded construction would have increased risks of oil leaks. That is why we designed ours as a single piece design and cut the threads in a much more costly fashion (directly into the block).
When I said similar, I was stating only in basic design/layout as apposed to other designs.

I certainly like the single piece construction method, but that's a bit beyond the home/hobby machinist with a manual mill.

The only way I could see welded construction leaking would be if the material were dirty, thus resulting in porosity of the weld. I make sure to clean all my parts thoroughly before I weld and have never had an issue (have welded LS oil pans/valve covers/cylinder heads/etc.). Preparation is the key on aluminum.

Quick Reply: LS oil cooler adapter block