Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

LSX Oil Cooler Adapter w/ Thermostat (new) - Improved Racing EGM-114

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LSX Oil Cooler Adapter w/ Thermostat (new) - Improved Racing EGM-114

Category: Accessories
Price: $150
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Bought this and tried to install it on my 05 CTS-V but it interferes with my Kooks so... 25% off to you = $150 shipped

I test fit but never had oil run through it. Sells for $199 direct from Improved Racing (http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-co...ump-p-785.html).

No fittings included (except for the plug for the 2nd out) but it has standard female -08AN O-ring boss ports that accept male adapter fittings for -08AN, -10AN or -12AN lines.

I have a gasket that goes between the adapter and the block but it's not the exact same one that came with it. The one that came with it has two round holes. The one I have has one big oval hole. If you want one like what they sent, it's like $5 (FelPro 72462)

Here's all the info from them:
This "bottom inlet" thermostatic oil cooler adapter is easy to install in the C5-C6 Corvette and 5th generation Camaro as it does not require adjusting the knock sensor to clear the oil lines. Unlike many other oil cooler adapters, it will also clear the LSX and Dart LS Next engine blocks without modification.

The thermostat block features an additional port which may be used for a 1/8" NPT or M12 sensor or as an oil feed for an oil accumulator or a turbo. For the C5 Corvette, choose the M12 sensor port option to retain use of the factory oil temperature sensor. The factory sensor will plug right in; no need to extend the sensor harness.

Includes
  • 1x Thermostatic oil cooler adapter block
  • 1x Gasket
  • 2x Zinc-plated steel mounting screws
  • 1x -8AN plug
  • Detailed installation instructions
  • Bolts to most rear-sump LS engine oil pans with factory style oil bypass cover
  • Clears the LSX and Dart LS Next engine blocks without modification
  • Ideal for the C5-C6 Corvette, 5th Generation Camaro and Pontiac G8
  • "Bottom inlet" port may provide better clearance for some long-tube header setups
  • 100% bolt-on in the factory oil cooler adapter location, just above the oil filter
  • Built-in thermostat helps reduce engine wear and horsepower losses by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
  • Maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C) or 212°F (100°C) in most conditions (select preferred temperature from the drop down above)
  • Rebuildable - just send it back to us and we will replace the thermal actuator, spring and seals
  • Extra OUT port can be used for a sensor, turbo oil feed line, or oil accumulator
  • Retains stock oil filter location
  • Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
  • 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
  • High-temp Viton seals

Installation Notes
  • If equipped with a factory oil cooler, the following vehicles will require the optional factory oil cooler delete kit:
  • 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS & ZL1: Part # 22962571-KIT
  • 2012-2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS & ZL1: Part # HPL-1004-KIT
  • We recommend using a straight hose end fitting for the OUT port and a 90-degree hose end fitting for the IN port. For additional clearance, use our low profile hose end fitting on the IN port (part number DO-090-08-08 (-8AN lines) or DO-090-10-08 (-10AN lines). Note only one O-ring boss adapter fitting is needed when using this low-profile hose end.
  • Note: This oil adapter is designed for O-ring boss fittings with a straight thread length of 0.500" or less. We recommend using our fittings in order to guarantee proper fitment and seal.

Applications
  • Rear-sump LS engine oil pans with factory-style oil bypass cover
  • Ideal for 1997-2013 Corvette and 2010-2015 Camaro (V8 models)
Attached Thumbnails LSX Oil Cooler Adapter w/ Thermostat (new) - Improved Racing EGM-114-fullsizerender-3-.jpg  

Last edited by jclayc; 07-30-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

FYI to whomever buys this, you will want the gasket with the two holes or you might get some leakage between ports. We sell the gasket on our website as well.

http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-co...nes-p-661.html

OP, did you try the EGM-112 to see if that will clear your headers?

Like Us: Facebook - Twitter - Youtube
Old 07-31-2017, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried (and still have) IR-EGM-1006 and just couldn't get everything to clear. I might be able to try some of the new low profile fittings but I'll just stay with a spin on adapter and ext filter for now.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jclayc
I tried (and still have) IR-EGM-1006 and just couldn't get everything to clear. I might be able to try some of the new low profile fittings but I'll just stay with a spin on adapter and ext filter for now.
Wow, that must be a tight fit. If neither of those will fit then you're out of luck. The oil filter plate is probably your only option. You could also run a remote filter mount maintain ground clearance.

Like Us: Facebook - Twitter - Youtube

Quick Reply: LSX Oil Cooler Adapter w/ Thermostat (new) - Improved Racing EGM-114