Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]

Category: Accessories
Price: $2250
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette
Location (State): NY
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

********SOLD******

These are the wheels that graced the front page CCW’s website for their first car of the month. I consider these to be the nicest option for a CCW Drag Pack for a C5, C6, or F-Body:

-17” Front
-16”x10” Rear
-Polished Faces & Outer Hoops
-Street Wheels: center caps & no “swiss”

I’m putting these up for sale for three reasons:

1) I almost never use them and they’re taking up basement space.
2) I’m getting older and wiser (more boring?), and feel as though I should step away from drag racing.
3) I blew up my RPM transmission this weekend drag racing and I’m frustrated.

I have run these on my C5, and I quite like the offsets. I did chose to run a 5mm spacer on the rear to achieve the offset I wanted.

Tire Condition:

-26X11.5 M&H Race Master bias ply tires
-26X4.5 M&H Race Master bias ply tires

While I would love to have used these more, they have little use on then. These tires have made 7 passes and have had 4 conservative burnouts done with them. I have driven them on the street for roughly 25 miles. Tread on the front isn’t that deep; I’ve never been concerned with replacing them since I used them strictly at the track a quarter mile at a time.

The combo does its job. I’m not the world’s best drag racer, but I was able to pull off a 1.5s 60’ with these this weekend. On a 480rwhp car they dead hook first gear, even launching from 6000rpm.

Wheel Condition:

These are nice. The faces are polished and really don’t have any concerning areas or blemishes. They’re fairly clean and show well. In between the spokes are not as clean, and they appear to have more of a brushed aluminum look rather than a polished look.

If you’re really picky, then you’ll want to polish the inner barrels; they were ordered raw and I haven’t paid much attention to them as you don’t see the inner barrels when they’re mounted. One thing to note is the rear wheels have scrape marks on the inner barrels from scraping on an old setup. These aren’t concerning to me, and it’s not visible when the wheels are mounted.

Full Disclosure:

One front tire, and one rear tire have a very slow leak. This is common for bias ply tires from everything I have read and heard. They lose roughly 1-2 psi over a 24-hour period regardless of sitting or being driven. I inflated them to the maximum PSI sprayed both wheels/tires with a soapy water mixture to chase the leak.

There is no air leaking from the 3-piece wheels; they’re sealed properly. There is no air leaking from the tire tread or sidewall; they’re in good condition. Both tires have a very small leak coming from where the tire bead meets the wheel. I didn’t chase it any farther as I so seldom used these, but the new owner would perhaps want to remove and remount the tires depending on how they intend to use the setup. If it’s purely for weekends, I doubt it’s worth the trouble, but I will leave that in the hands of the new owner.

I struggle to see a better looking combo on a C5. The 17” front wheels look far better than the 16” ones that most people opt for. With polished faces, no swiss, ARP hardware, and center caps they look complete.

I’m asking $2,250 plus actual shipping. I will only ship these insured so everyone is protected.

Attached Thumbnails CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-screenshot2014-04-02at63133pm_zpsb109146b.png   CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-ccw-7_zpsf850cded-3.jpg   CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-ccw-2_zps5b76c7d6.jpg   CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-ccw-9_zps07faefa5.jpg   CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-ccw-8_zpsef378b97-2.jpg  

CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-ccw-3_zps74cc32c7-2.jpg   CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-ccw-10_zps09118cea.jpg   CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-ccw-3_zps74cc32c7.jpg   CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-img_8178.png   CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]-img_5732.jpg  

Last edited by Spd-Kilz; 11-10-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bump for a slick set of wheels. Just curious, what do you mean by "no swiss"?

Reason I ask, is I'm looking to have CCW build me a set of 18" Classics and have never heard that term.

GLWS!
Old 10-30-2017, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mattl31
Bump for a slick set of wheels. Just curious, what do you mean by "no swiss"?

Reason I ask, is I'm looking to have CCW build me a set of 18" Classics and have never heard that term.

GLWS!
Thanks Matt!

There are some differences between CCW's 'street' and 'race' Classics. One of the biggest is that the race wheels have the "swiss"; the extra holes drilled around the perimeter of the face next to the hardware. It's done for weight savings. So are the extra bolt holes that are drilled. The street wheels are typically solid with no extra holes, and ARP hardware.

Race Classic, with swiss and non-ARP hardware:

Old 10-31-2017, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you measure back space on rear wheels

Quick Reply: CCW Drag Pack | 17/16 [SOLD]