Notices

WTB Trans am headlight motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Trans am headlight motor

need a 98-02 headlight motor for the drivers side. I don't know if 93-96 will work sense they are a different headlight if so let me know if you have one thanks need asap !
Old 04-02-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They aren't the same they have different wiring. Does the motor work or just grind? I have had cars from both sets of years and my motors never quit but the gears do strip more so if you live in cold weather.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Launching!

well the thing is it goes up and down just fine when i was putting in the new lights i manually cranked it up but when i started i turned to the right so it popped and must have broke something so now when it goes down and its all the way down the motor keeps running for about 3 seconds then stops because the stop is gone or something i don't know what stops it when its down inside the motor.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Teching In

pm sent
Old 04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah it sounds like the gear in the housing has stripped. I have with every bird I have owned as soon as I get it is buy a gear kit to replace the stock plastic gear. I have used brass and alumi gears and both work fine. What stops the motor is the resistance against the gear when it goes down and when the gear strips it keeps running like you said. Also if your car has keyless you will notice that the headlights pop up and down when you lock the car because the car still thinks the headlight is up. If you replace the gear make sure to get a kit that has a T shaped plate that goes on the outside of the gear housing otherwise it won't matter how well you glue it back together it will separate again eventually.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Launching!

ok thanks i got it all fixed !