Notices

WTB: firebird or trans am FRONT CLIP

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: firebird or trans am FRONT CLIP

HI guys, im new to the baord here...i just had a fender bender in my 97 trans am...im looking to convert to the new front clip...i need the entire thing, fenders, front bumper, hood and headlight assemblys...preferrably in black but at this point ill take any color...if you dont have the ram air hood, i wont need it , ill just get a aftermarket one...thanks alot...any help would be great...I DONT WANT TO BUY SEPERATE PEICE QUITE YET, ID LIKE TO GET THE ENTIRE CLIP, IF I DONT FIND ONE THEN ILL TAKE IT IN SEPERATES!..thanks again!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

I did the conversion check out my conversion... I ebayed all the parts... You will probably have to do the same... Heads up GM doesn't make the lights anymore and they cannot be ordered.... do not trust your parts counter... I'm still on the waiting list and my car is done... 7 months later.... Just plan on ebaying most of your parts or finding parts here and there on these sites.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

i think ive got everything you"ll need, and it is from a black ss, i do have the ram air hood with the ducting. i think the biggest problem would be shipping, where are you located?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Teching In

black SS???i need the clip for a TA not a camaro...maybe you meant a ws6??? anyway, the car is in Latrobe, PA 40 miles east from pittsburgh, im currently in Roanoke VA...also -CONVERTED-how much did it cost to get all the parts seperate to do the conversion....i found a bird in WI rear ended and totaled and hee'll cut the intire front off and give me it for 2000$ thats with the interstructure and all...just no engine,tranny,suspension...but the entire front with all the lights,wires,and colling system attached...you guys think i should take it?? then all i need is the ram air hood which i can get aftermarket for 400$
Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just replaced the front clip on my '02 with new gm parts. The fenders are about $170 each, the front bumper cover is $370, foam absorber is about $90, afermarket ws6 hood was $400. I was able to use the headlight assemblies. The fog lights were used; $60, new gm blinkers were $35 ea. I don't know if you need hood hinges; $20 ea. I've got less then $1400 into a new GM front clip. I don't think it is worth the work to sand out chips and scraches to paint used parts when new parts will not cost much more. I have seen aftermarket bumpers and fenders on ebay. The bumpers are a lot cheaper then the GM ones. PM me if you need part #s or exact prices.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

He makes a decent point you can get alot of the parts from GM.. The headlights you can not and will cost you about $700 on ebay for the set.. maybe more maybe less. I've seen driver side headlights assembs go for $600 each...

although he's right on prices I converted my 95 formula (firebird) to an 02 T/A for less than 2k

That means new hatch, new rear bumper cover, side skirts and the whole front clip including 1 ws9 ram air hood. All my parts excepts the lamps and absorber were all Gm parts. actually my front bumper cover was brand new and I only paid $250 after shipping..

Last edited by CONVERTED; 07-06-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

sorry about that i misread the title