Notices

WTB: WHAT To Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB: WHAT To Buy?

Ok, so next month is my 25th b-day and my wife is giving me $400 to spend on what I want. What I really want is a TD setup. I was going to build it myself. The thing is, I dont know if I should attach it to factory manifolds with cats. Or buy the exhaust tubing, hang on to it and later on get LT headers. Then put it all together.
If I put it together now, then later want headers, would it really be that hard to change?
Or should I just say screw the TD and go with SLP cat-back. My objective is to be muscle car loud (not open header loud) but enough to **** off the d!@k head neighbors.
And yes I've read the stickies about exhaust.
Also looking for an MTI or SLP lid.
And if anyone has either of these setups and is willing to sell, let me know in November
Old 10-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Default bump

anyone have any thoughts?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

If I was to start all over with my mods. I would have started with the suspension. If you plan on taking her to the track, as of now you have enough power to lose traction which means you lose time. Starting there is not as much fun, but you will get to a point where you get just plain frustrated cause you can't hook up. Start with SFCs, then rear control arms ( relocation brackets also ). Those two will have the most impact, will also help prevent the paint in your door jamb from cracking.

Good luck with your re-build, keep us posted.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

That is true, I have 6 passes at the track and every time all I did was spin until it shifted into 2nd then chirped 2nd. The best I could do was a 14.127, it was hot and humid, but still.
As for the exhaust I think I have decided to get some used LT and wait until I get some more money and finish the TD setup.
Thanks for the idea

Quick Reply: WTB: WHAT To Buy?