Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep HP tuners or sell and gvet EFI live

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10sec_rx7
its a nice simple upgrade for him to the USB interface and it is a cheap upgrade.. he gets to keep all his current licences and also will get on board data logging if he gets the pro version,
Cheap is relative to the needs being met. Never hurts to look at the total cost of ownership and weigh against the needs being met.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:10 AM
7 Second Club

my total cost of HP tuners... around $13k...
i know what it costs for this stuff.. i did the serial to USB upgrade as soon as it was avaliable as we had Gen 4 cars to tune..
Old 10-26-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keliente
There is no way I would sell HPtuners for EFIlive. The upgrade is worth the $200.
There is no way I would TAKE a FREE HPT unit that was GIVEN to me over EFILive. I have both due to the business I am in and can tell you that my HPT cable sits in a tool box with others.

Original poster. If you have problems with connection, then make HPT fix it. This is ONE of the reasons that I didn't like HPT. I COULD NOT get support for my cable issues. This was 5 years ago and maybe things have changed, but I have talked to several and it doesn't seem to be the case. Get product/support out and then forget the customer in some cases.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Here we go, another EFILive vs HPTuners flamefest.

To the OP - If you're happy with HPT, just buy the upgrade to save money and be done with it.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:34 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black02SS
There is no way I would TAKE a FREE HPT unit that was GIVEN to me over EFILive. I have both due to the business I am in and can tell you that my HPT cable sits in a tool box with others.

Original poster. If you have problems with connection, then make HPT fix it. This is ONE of the reasons that I didn't like HPT. I COULD NOT get support for my cable issues. This was 5 years ago and maybe things have changed, but I have talked to several and it doesn't seem to be the case. Get product/support out and then forget the customer in some cases.
never had a connection problem with HPT,

ive had 5 e38's get all messed up with EFI live failing to flash them correctly tho... a quick flash with HPT and all is good again...
Old 10-27-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

OP - You're going to have to do some research on your end. You've gotten a lot of good feedback in this thread, but it's time to lock it.

Quick Reply: Keep HP tuners or sell and gvet EFI live