PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help with my car badly!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need some help with my car badly!?

ok so seeing if this thread will get me more responses. im having a big problem with my car its a 98 ls1 a4 with stall and shift kit. i just bought this car its got long tubes exhaust ls6 intake gears bee hive springs 600 something lift cam etc. the problem is that it runs like its carburated. it sputters really bad every time i try to get on it i don't understand at all. idk if its cuz i don't have a tune or needs new plugs etc? its like a 20 sec car Proly lol. any help would be so appreciated! its driving me crazy!

so im wondering is this a tune problem or what? i have no tune but im not throwing any codes....any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be a whole host of things. Would be best from someone to do some logging to see whats really going on.

If O2's are bad and not throwing cods, it could be dumping in fuel, it could even be the ECT sensor, so it always thinks the car is in OL.

What do the plugs look like?

As i say it could be one of many things, would be best to get some logging done.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a tune... if you have bigger injectors and cam and so forth i recomend a tune, your timing is prolly way to low for the cam,
Old 10-27-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i where u i would get rid of the shift kit with the stall 60e dont like them. but yeah take it to a tuner and log some stuff, make sure the maf is clean no vac leaks and no brocken plug wires.