PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Roadrunner VS. HP tuners

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will throw in my Scan Only EFILive V1 for 125 bucks (new unused) which will allow you to fully tune, so that would be a total of 600 shipped, even cheaper than getting HPTuners...how does that sound to ya? haha.

Best,
Adrian
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The $200 is the "license' to use EFILive with the roadrunner, you still need to have efilive to use the roadrunner. (or you can use tunercats with the roadrunner, your choice)

Ryan
Old 11-15-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slow
The $200 is the "license' to use EFILive with the roadrunner, you still need to have efilive to use the roadrunner. (or you can use tunercats with the roadrunner, your choice)

Ryan
Thanks for the response.

I have an extra licensed version of Scan only EFILive that I never used, all ready to go along with the roadrunner.

Best,
Adrian
Old 11-16-2008, 06:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottHMT
Which one would you go with? Roadrunner is a little more expensive but you can tune on the fly. HPtuners seems more common and is slightly cheaper but doesnt tune on the fly and you can have to pay for 'credits'. Tuning on the fly is nice, but is it really necessary and worth the extra money (vs HPtuners PRO) when datalogging can basically achieve the same results?
Also, Which one is more user friendly? It seems there is much more info on HPtuners and less on roadrunner. Im torn between which one i should go with. Can someone share some input on this?
Which one would we go with, or which one should you go with? The one you go with should best suit your needs. We all picked the one best suite our needs. Those needs can range from following the crowd, budget, functionality, customer service, etc... Given the investment required to get into tuning, I would strongly encourage you to visit the stickies at the top of this section, locate folks in your area with both products and take them for a test drive, and dowload the demo versions from the respective companies.

Good luck on your quest!

Quick Reply: Roadrunner VS. HP tuners