Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0101 Code

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0101 Code

Over the wkend I replaced some blown head gaskets on the camaro. After we got everything back together i took it up the road and it drove like it had a misfire but none of the cyl. were showing a misfire on hptuners and it wasn't throwing any codes...? But by the time we got back to the shop it started throwing crazy codes i had never heard of... for 2 days it was throwing various loss of communication codes, and still ran like crap. Today i get in it and check the codes to post them on here and the only ones it shows now are p0101 code, which is a MAF code, and 2 lean codes for both banks... So i got on here and researched alittle and found a post with the similar problem, i ended up going into the Maximum Delta Airflow table and multiplying the table by 4. I took it up the road a minute ago and it actually ran fine, except when i'm going down the road i don't have to push the gas for it to accelerate... it idles way too high when just driving down the road but when i come to a complete stop it takes 2 seconds till it drops to 900 rpm where its supposed to idle... Does anyone know what my problem is here? i let the car run for a minute when i got back to the house and noticed a distinct fuel smell so i'm thinking the problem is still in the MAF?
Old 12-15-2008, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

BTW, took the EGR stuff off this wkend, all the codes were already deleated for it though...
Old 12-15-2008, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are getting crazy codes make sure the bolts on the back of the heads are tight. If they are loose it will throw the PCM off.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Viper
If you are getting crazy codes make sure the bolts on the back of the heads are tight. If they are loose it will throw the PCM off.
IDK why but when we put the grounds on i put two grounds on one bolt... and it threw the crazy codes so i thought that could be the prob. and put them on seperate bolts. I made sure all three were tight so i could rule them out.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Problem fixed... had a vaccume leak from the intake, where the hose comes out and goes into the passenger valve cover.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

thanks for the help!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 273sunsetZ
Problem fixed... had a vaccume leak from the intake, where the hose comes out and goes into the passenger valve cover.
yea i was going to tell you that.lol