Sponsored by:

Ported Fast 92mm installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I sanded the bore and it's no longer sticking
That's great news. I'll take mine off next weekend and do the same. Thanks for doing that!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I bought the Fast Toys 85mm lid, and I thought my stock accordion bellows could stretch, but it won't. It appears one end of my bellows was cut off due to the pattern, not sure if this is even my original bellows. So I'm trying to figure out what option I have to connect the lid to the TB without the future risk of cracking the lid from the bellows being too stiff.

Regarding the TB sanding, I started using 180 grit sandpaper, and that was taking too long, so I bumped it up to 80, then to 50. I eventually very carefully began using a dremel.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Glad to hear you got the issue worked out. I use the stock bellows to connect to a NW 90mm TB and it's a tight fit. I usually have to put a little oil on the TB to make it fit by twisting it on. I would imagine the extra 2mm makes it that much harder to fit.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

The 'stock' bellows end connected to the TB appears to have been modified, as the end of the bellows has obviously been cut. Not sure why it was cut or replaced. The end connected to my stock MAF is snug. I'm concerned that trying to seal that end to the lid will crack the lid. I'm also not sure how much of the bellows may have been shortened, it doesn't appear as if it's long enough to reach the lid now.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Shortyy after having it installed and back home, I had the cable come out of the cable groove in the cam, and I noticed it while sitting at a stoplight in traffic. So I replaced the throttle cable because the plastic clip was worn and would slide off the bracket, but the retainer would stay attached to the cam.

Autocrossing today, end of first run the cable came out of the groove again. Moved the retainer to the furthest position so it tightened up the slack. Throttle pedal was now just a little bit lower than the brake pedal. Higher idle so it appears it's pulling on the blade and leting more air in. Not used to the change in pedal location because that ended up being a wild ride. Put back after that and it was better.

So is there a way to add another round hole in the cam, maybe between the two already there to find a happy medium?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your car came with traction control, there should be an adjustment in the cable itself. If not, you may take the TB to a drill press and put another hole in it. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ported Fast 92mm installed