Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gaskets and PO1133 and PO1153

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gaskets and PO1133 and PO1153

So after 8 months of tracking down every exhaust leak and dwelling on the fact that my car just doesnt feel right. Not to mention the above codes being throw all the time I was about to give up and just live with them as a part of life with longtubes. Then this week for some reason I got the idea that the header gaskets were leaking so I looked into it. Best thing Ive done to my car since the cam and motor mounts. First off the gaskets were the cheap ones that only appear to metal. And second th passenger side one was about 1/8 of an inch too small for the exhaust ports!! and both were leaking horribly out of nowhere. I threw in a set of GM gaskets and its a whole new car and now I feel dumb for not checking it out sooner. Long story short which alot of you may know I would say if your having issues with po1133 and po1153 it may be a good place to start by checking those bolts. Also after changing the gaskets a header install doesnt seem to be as bad as most make it seem to be. Just some info for those that may have similar issues.

Quick Reply: Gaskets and PO1133 and PO1153