Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converted from 98 to 99+ PCM... EFILive Will Not Connect! Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Converted from 98 to 99+ PCM... EFILive Will Not Connect! Help

Alright, I think I may have wasted my PCM, but I figured I'd see what everyone else thinks first. In my first attempt at testing my conversion, there was a MAJOR problem. Apparently I got confused with the write up on converting the pins, and ended up leaving 3 of them in the same spot, but the 3 that were left in should have been swapped over to the opposite connector of where I had them. The wires that were supposed to be moved that were not...

PCM Connector C1 BLUE (left in RED): 20 ORN: Battery Positive Voltage
PCM Connector C1 BLUE (left in RED): 19 PNK: Ignition 1 Voltage
PCM Connector C1 BLUE (left in RED): 58 PPL: ECM/PCM/VCM Class 2 Serial Data

Oops. I'm just lucky I didn't completely whipe out my FlashScan.

So on my first attempt, the FlashScan went nuts and ended up toasting (litterally smoking) the OBD2 cable where it plugs into the scanner... well I managed to fix that, tested that my scanner still worked on my truck, and proceeded to track down my mistake. So I found my mistake (as stated above), hooked up the FlashScan to the OBD2 port, and it turned on, and seemed fine... I turned the ignition key to On, and everything still seemed okay. Plugged into the laptop, and cannot for the life of me get EFILive to "Okay" the status on the PCM for me to download the tune off of it. The car is torn apart for the winter while I work on the motor, so yes, there are a lot of things unplugged, but I was able to download the tune off of my old PCM with the car being in the same status.

Does anybody have any idea what might be the deal? Do you think I toasted the PCM in my first attempt after I gave it power from the battery?

Would a blown fuse somewhere keep me from being able to "Okay" the status in EFILive? What fuse would I have to check?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! Sorry for my stupidity.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I should have checked the fuses first... found that PCM BAT fuse was blown... replaced it and "Status OK" in EFILive. Excellent!! Thanks to everyone that at least read the thread.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the lighter fuse go out which also powers the ODB connector. I am glad it is OK.

Bill
Old 02-05-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by edwardzracing
Guess I should have checked the fuses first... found that PCM BAT fuse was blown... replaced it and "Status OK" in EFILive. Excellent!! Thanks to everyone that at least read the thread.
Glad to have helped.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Bowling
I had the lighter fuse go out which also powers the ODB connector. I am glad it is OK.

Bill
That's the first thing I ask the customer if I have a problem connecting. Usually it got overloaded from something they had plugged in.