PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about emission problems im having...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about emission problems im having...

ok so I went to get my emissions done and it wont pass... I have gutted my cats and put o2 sims on. on the emissions statement it says the cats are clean and on the car, so I take it the simulators are doing there job, but my readiness status is the problem. the evap control monitor is reading "incomplete" and the oxygen sensor heater is reading "incomplete". the guy at the emissions place said the car will pass emissions once these monitors pass. So ive done all the drive cycles and everything. im already late on my tag so im really in need of some helpful insight. any way u guys think i can get this thing to pass, and or if its the o2 sims giving me the problem? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Think your problem is that you removed the Cats. Regardless if you have Sims, it is going to have high tailpipe emissions and that is possibly effecting the other componets. I will never screw around with my Cats because they only use up 3 to 5 HP.
My car easily passes the OBD II test. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Thats not what i wanted to hear!! ugh, well the emissions papers show that the cats are fine. Its just the EVAP monitor and the Oxygen Sensor Heater. Could it be possible that I might have plugged the o2 sims in the wrong place? if i remember correctly, i think i plugged them in before the cats and left the sensors after the cats on. Thanks for responding by the way
Old 02-19-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by highgear
Think your problem is that you removed the Cats. Regardless if you have Sims, it is going to have high tailpipe emissions and that is possibly effecting the other componets. I will never screw around with my Cats because they only use up 3 to 5 HP.
My car easily passes the OBD II test. Good luck.
His car didn't get sniffed. The readiness monitors didn't come on. Most likely because the sims aren't switching like the PCM wants to see. You can't pass emissions even with them tuned out since the PCM won't see the monitor at all. Can't set a monitor thats not there.