Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Synergy 2 step question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No instructions

I'd like to sell it because I'm lazy and don't want to hunt down the wires to tap into. But if I don't sell it then I'll have to get un lazy
Old 02-25-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran a wire to my brake light switch hot wire, kind of a light blue color. This is the one that is hot when you hit the brakes. Used this to trigger a relay that sent voltage when tripped to my 2 step trigger wire. May not need to use a relay; but I knew it couldn't hurt. So it would only work at WOT, I put the ground of the relay on a window switch. Nitrous Outlet's to be exact. It has built in WOT detection and 2 stages so I can have my nitrous hooked up and use the 2 step also. So all I have to do at the line is hold the brake and mat the gas. When it's time to go, let of the brake and away I go. If and when I go to a second stage of juice, I'll just get another window switch for that stage. Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as reaction times go - how slow of a response is a brake light switch compared to a momentary switch up at your hand?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RZRSEDGE
I ran a wire to my brake light switch hot wire, kind of a light blue color. This is the one that is hot when you hit the brakes. Used this to trigger a relay that sent voltage when tripped to my 2 step trigger wire. May not need to use a relay; but I knew it couldn't hurt. So it would only work at WOT, I put the ground of the relay on a window switch. Nitrous Outlet's to be exact. It has built in WOT detection and 2 stages so I can have my nitrous hooked up and use the 2 step also. So all I have to do at the line is hold the brake and mat the gas. When it's time to go, let of the brake and away I go. If and when I go to a second stage of juice, I'll just get another window switch for that stage. Hope this helps and good luck!
Sorry to bring this back up, but I decided to keep it and install it.

Is the brake light switch under the dash? Where about is it under there? Once it's installed, you just have arm, place foot on the brake, and put the pedal to the floor and its stuttering and the rpm set, and then just let go of the brake and you're on your way or what?

Last edited by 98Camarod; 04-01-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Bump for a confirmation on the brake light wire.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:16 AM
11 Second Club

Alright, I was going to install this today, but the way the instructions are laid out, its saying that every one of the wires for the ignition control is red. That is not the case for the pins that are laid out on the pcm. They match the colors in the middle, but I thought those where the wires that you were supposed to use while wiring.

Also where did you splice them into at? I was thinking at the coil connectors themselves, but those do not match up to all of the colors either, 1,3, and 5 do, but 7's not the same as listed. Any insight would be great

Quick Reply: Synergy 2 step question