PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Anyone want to help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
My VE was jacked. I loaded it up and it idles nicely around stoich, part throttle is around stoich, and cruising is also hovering around stoich.

WOT, thing is crazy fast, until that coupler I have off of my throttle body pops off. I have to get a good t bolt clamp for that.
Its always something lol. Glad you got your tune ironed out, wish mine was that easy.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
Its always something lol. Glad you got your tune ironed out, wish mine was that easy.
Yours should be pretty easy too.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
He's havin an issue with low impedance 55 lb injectors IIRC. Steve "frost" was helping him out.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
He's havin an issue with low impedance 55 lb injectors IIRC. Steve "frost" was helping him out.
Ah, Steve knows what he's doin. He's in good hands.

On the bigger injectors, they can be a bear to get to idle right. Some of them are easier than others. Those you gotta mess with the offsets. I've had some of them beat me down. I've done many sets of 60s. Some go real easy, others are a nightmare. Same injectors.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Its not I have low impedance injectors and cant get the IPW down. The lowest I've seen it is 1.8 but its not enough, no matter what you do to the VE table the car refuses to idle stoich.

Check this thread out, it explained a lot to me.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ctory-pcm.html

I have an acelleronics versafueler injector driver, LJ in the thread is the creator of the versafueler.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Ah, Steve knows what he's doin. He's in good hands.

On the bigger injectors, they can be a bear to get to idle right. Some of them are easier than others. Those you gotta mess with the offsets. I've had some of them beat me down. I've done many sets of 60s. Some go real easy, others are a nightmare. Same injectors.
Seimens Deka 55's which are 57# injectors rated at 3 bar but I have the stock returnless fuel system in place & at idle it makes 63 psi
Old 03-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
Seimens Deka 55's which are 57# injectors rated at 3 bar but I have the stock returnless fuel system in place & at idle it makes 63 psi
Yeah, any time you're in the 60 lb range, they get difficult to trim down at idle. Should be able to get em down to about 1 ms though. Sometime you have to trim em back as far as possible, then set it up to idle in open loop, and deal with a little rich idle.

BTW, it can be done with the stock PCM. It's just a PITA sometimes. I wouldn't use a versafueler unless you were running 72s or bigger on a small motor.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
FormerVendor

It's nearly got to be in the driver; the short pulse stuff is WAAAAYYYY low right now but it stopped responding. I have run them into negative to get the 96s down to idle, but these he has just don't want to drop any lower. The car has no O2s and is full time OL. If I had the car here we'd get DSO log going into the converter and coming out to make sure I'm not crazy here...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost
It's nearly got to be in the driver; the short pulse stuff is WAAAAYYYY low right now but it stopped responding. I have run them into negative to get the 96s down to idle, but these he has just don't want to drop any lower. The car has no O2s and is full time OL. If I had the car here we'd get DSO log going into the converter and coming out to make sure I'm not crazy here...
I am cursed

Do you think me going to a return style fuel system, 1.1 regulator, and cutting down the fuel pressure will help?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:01 PM
FormerVendor

Absolutely. 63psi at idle vs. something in the 40s... it may or may not get you all the way the home but it will get you closer.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost
Absolutely. 63psi at idle vs. something in the 40s... it may or may not get you all the way the home but it will get you closer.
Thanks, I know its something I need to invest in anyway. I guess I'll try the lowest IPW tune and set the fuel pressure to 3 bar since thats what the Injectors are rated at. Should I pad the VE table & multiply the boosted region by 1.15 since the fuel pressure will be lower? Just dont want to go lean trying to retune the boost portion of the VE table.