Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reading 10:1 AFR on the dyno, please help. Have tune, scan, printouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reading 10:1 AFR on the dyno, please help. Have tune, scan, printouts

I don't understand this. It's an '01 camaro with a full exhaust, lid, 3600 converter, some tuning. It ran 12.6 at 110 without the TC, and 12.3 at 110 with it. The engine is a '01 with 89,000 on it.

The car used to run 9's but when I got it as a roller it was put back to stock except for the fuel pump, it puts out 61.5 PSI. At that time I got on here and was advised to scale the IFR vs kPa VAC table by doing the following calculation and adding the results to my IFR values. (was this correct?)
The correction follows the Bernoulli equation for flow:
(new flow rate) = (old flow rate) * sqrt[(new pressure)/(old pressure)]
After this it was running with stock exhaust and gutted cats the LTFT's would read -8 and all fuel trims would go to zero at WOT.

Back 2 months ago when I changed the exhaust, it seemed at some point after that I noticed the fuel trims not going to zero at WOT

I did log a run at the track, it was a 12.3 at 110 run, and the LTFT can be seen at WOT and positive.

That scan and the tune I've been running is attached.
I couldn't connect hp tuners on the dyno.

Also the dyno graphs, it shows it going rich but the power curves look smooth, they don't drop off. The timing also drops off at the same time.
The AFR was read using a fixture in the tailpipe and it seemed accurate the whole day on various other cars.

Now the dumb question, I did clean the MAF and put in a new paper filter the night before the dyno, none of it was that dirty. It had maybe 20 minutes run time between that and the dyno run. If it was dirty would there be a relearn needed?

I cleaned the IAC and TB also because it seems in the past few weeks the idle isn't as smooth as it used to be, otherwise it seems to run ok.

My question is, obviously, what to look for now?
Did I scale the IFR tables right? (this is the first time a WB has been on it ever)
Is it normal for the AFR to go so low and the power climb steady?

I'm open for any suggestions or comments.

Heres the HP and torque graph.
Heres the AFR and Timing Graph.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
INUSEMARCH222009.hpt (459.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: hpl
2nd14run 12.14 at 111.hpl (65.9 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by 9000th01ss; 03-29-2009 at 11:54 AM.