PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Innovate LM-1 users

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovate LM-1 users

Has anyone with this wideband gotten the aux out to work as far as telling the pcm what's going on. I spent a few hours on it today, but the conclusion I've come to is it won't work on our sensors. Someone tell me this isn't the case.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

How are you hooking it up? I haven't run it into the stock pcm, but the aux out definitely works.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah the output works fine. I just can't get the stock pcm to like it. After looking at the diagram in my service manual cd, the sensor has the wires listed as heater, heater ground, sensor high, and sensor low. And the colors listed are nowhere near my wires. But with a volt meter I'm pretty sure I've found what wires are what. I got a 12v and a ground that I'm thinking are the heater wires. Then on the other 2 wires, one of them reads 3-3.1v and the other read 3.9x volts. This is key on engine off.
I had gotten a bad sensor from a friend so I could hook the aux to it and be able to use the wb in the stock hole and be easily swappable back to a stock sensor. The high wire is the one autometer gauges are hooked to, so that's where I put the aux wire.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Those voltage readings sound bizzare - the could be totally correct, but I would *expect* there to be 2 grounds, +12v, and the senseor wire which probably has a 450mv bias current. Are you measuring with the sensor plugged in or unplugged?
Old 10-26-2003, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

That was with the sensor unplugged.

I worked on it some more today, and I think I've got it pretty close. It idles fine anyways. It seems to update way too fast, or I just need to play with the 'narrowband window' some more. It fluctuates A LOT compared to the pass side sensor, but maintains pretty close to the same average. I had to use both outputs to make it work. I'll have to recheck, but I'm pretty sure I have out1 set as they supply it and hooked it to the high sensor wire. I hooked out2 to the low sensor wire and made it a steady .2v. I can't really test how they relate but I guess maybe the low is a reference or is added/subtracted from the high.