PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my custom tune erased- can i get it back?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my custom tune erased- can i get it back?

ok so i have- had***- a custom dyno tune, i jsut put a 12 bolt with 4.11 in so i bought a hypertech to calibrate the speedo

just got it tonight, so i went to calibrate it and it asks me "do you want to upload tune to the vehicle" so of course im like DUHH, but it started uploading hypertechs default tune...
if i had hit NO than it would have let me custom tune whatever

so i unplug it quick and try again and it goes straight to uploading the tune, so i unplug it again and figure it i start the car maybe it wont add their tune, and the car wont even start

so i plug it back and and 30 mins later their tune is on my computer, drove it around and it seems to drive like normal, so i did the custom ****- 160 fans (which i think i already had), rev limiter to 6600 (instead of 7200 my car had-iknowdumb), and 25.5 wheel size and 4.10

another 10 mins later the car is driving and feels basically the same, i could do a hole shot but at 1/4 throttle just playing a little letting it rev, the car def had good power- so i didnt loose any fun factor

i want some opinions on this, and i know these things can return the computer to the "stock" tune, but does it jsut upload a stock tune, or put the car back to the tune it had before the hypertech one?

(on a side note, my custom tune only yielded 325hp with a mostly full bolt on car which i know isnt the best, maybe this one could possible by better?)
Old 05-16-2009, 08:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

if it saved the tune that was on your pcm before it uploaded its own tune, then it saved that custom dyno tune as the "original" / "stock" tune... so, if you restore the "stock" tune, it will restore that custom dyno tune.

and if the hypertech tune feels better than your custom dyno tune, then you got ripped off on the custom dyno tune... heh...

cuz hypertech's don't really do too much...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-16-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

i only drove the car for 1/2 a mile because it was late... driving it today i def has less power down low- when i drive normally the car will now bog at 1300rpm for normal stop and go traffic as where it use to just go- so a def loss in power

ANY KNOW IF THE HYPERTECH SAVES THE "STOCK" TUNE OR IF IT HAS THE STOCK TUNE PROGRAMMED AND UPLOADS THAT?????
Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say it should save the tune in the pcm at the time of recalibration. Some calibrations are different and such from the factory so it should scan that one and save it.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

ok sounds good, ill put it back to "stock" then just change the gear ratio... even if it doesnt set my tune back up, i can always reload the hypertech one- its not running too bad anyways

thanks for the help!!!!

Quick Reply: my custom tune erased- can i get it back?