Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to tune my baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to tune my baby!!!

Sorry if I'm starting this thread in the wrong section, but here goes. I've just about completed my break in of new motor and clutch (Hendrix piece) BTW which is just getting better and better. Ease of manipulation is outstanding for a clutch that holds 900 ft lbs...or even stock for that matter!

Back on topic.........

I really don’t want to spoil the excellence thus far but handing my baby over to some clowns, that will perform a less than flawless tune. With that said, I’m in search of a superior shop to tune my setup. I really would like a mustang dyno tune this go around; since I’m told it’s a better tune. Something about the mustang dynos being able to duplicate load to simulate a more real world condition. Either way, I’m located in Alamogordo New Mexico, and the choices are slim around me. So far I think my best option is going to be this guru that tunes out of Vividracing in AZ about six hours away from me. I'm willing to make this drive if the elevation difference won’t be an issue. I hope not being that I’m running speed density. There is also HP Performance in Roswell, THR and Speed factory in El Paso. If anyone knows anything about these shops good or bad, please share...

-are mustang dynos really better than dyno jets?
-how worried should I be about elevation, given a competent tuner
-what is a reasonable quote for a tune since I already have a pretty solid base map to work from ( just a little rich ) lol
Old 05-18-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default tunner

Im in the same boat as you my man i just got done FINALLY putting my 02 35th LE APS together and am looking for THEE best tunner out there and money isnt a issue when it comes to the tune IMO Im going with a SD tune also and I dont think elevation will be as critical with the SD tune as it would be for a mass air tune!good luck and keep us posted on who you found?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

I found a shop near me about 1hr 45mins away, HP Performance in Roswell NM ... They specialize in TT Cobras... They happened to have Hptuner so I made an appointment right away. The guys there were very nice and professional. The tuner took all day with my car (very meticulous) they opened at 10 am and I didn’t leave until 8:45pm ... I was the only customer that day and he tuned the car as if it was his own... PLEASED doesn’t even begin to describe my experience. I don’t have enough fuel mods right now... So my numbers weren’t that high... but on a mustang dyno I made 590whp on 91 pump and 668whp on meth both at 10 psi...........

Last edited by bravoboost; 05-24-2009 at 10:47 AM.