Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock LT1, stock LT4 or slightly modded LT4

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stock LT1, stock LT4 or slightly modded LT4

i should have my LT4 conversion finished tomorrow, but i don't have time to get it on the dyno and have a proper tune before i leave to go to Atl. for G13. this is what's done to the car...... ported LT4 heads, ported LT4 intake, Comp Cams XFi 468 cam, roller t-chain, 1.6 roller rockers, 42lb injectors, long tubes, ORY, !EGR, !A.I.R., 34% underdrive pulley, electric waterpump, aluminum flywheel, lightened LT4 pressure plate, SLP 2otl exhaust, 160* t-stat, 1LE driveshaft with 3.42s in the rear. right now the tune is stock except for codes removed for o2's, egr, air, skip shift, and fans changed for 160* t-stat. i have a stock LT4 tune, and a tune for a LT4 with a CC306 cam. i have to drive the car ~800 miles before i can get it on the dyno. what tune would i b safest to run?
Old 05-24-2009, 05:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coprunr
i should have my LT4 conversion finished tomorrow, but i don't have time to get it on the dyno and have a proper tune before i leave to go to Atl. for G13. this is what's done to the car...... ported LT4 heads, ported LT4 intake, Comp Cams XFi 468 cam, roller t-chain, 1.6 roller rockers, 42lb injectors, long tubes, ORY, !EGR, !A.I.R., 34% underdrive pulley, electric waterpump, aluminum flywheel, lightened LT4 pressure plate, SLP 2otl exhaust, 160* t-stat, 1LE driveshaft with 3.42s in the rear. right now the tune is stock except for codes removed for o2's, egr, air, skip shift, and fans changed for 160* t-stat. i have a stock LT4 tune, and a tune for a LT4 with a CC306 cam. i have to drive the car ~800 miles before i can get it on the dyno. what tune would i b safest to run?
set your injector constant to 44.35 for the injectors, and load the cc306 tune on it. verify that the cylinder volume is for a 350 (716.93). should run "decent," but will be safe for cruising around. I drove around on a stock tune with longtubes and cc306 for about a week, it would hardly idle and got horrible gas mileage, but it would run ok on the freeway.

Quick Reply: stock LT1, stock LT4 or slightly modded LT4