Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention tuning pros

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention tuning pros

I recently purchased Hp tuners software and pulled the tune in my Camaro done by Texas Speed. I would greatly appreciate it if any of you professional tuners would look it over and see what you think. I am having problems with the transmission not shifting at WOT. It will hit the rev limiter and stall before it shifts. Let me know if there is anymore info needed about the car. Any help is much appreciated.

Chris

texas speed tune.hpt

Here are the mods - Gearing is 3.73 Moser 12 bolt, I am running a 28" tall Mickey drag radial.
Mods are as follows Magic stick 3, slp longtubes, shaner polished throttlebody, Cold fusion wet kit 100 shot, magnaflo catback, ory, no cats o2 sims, tranny has a pro-built automatics street, strip kit and fuddle 4000 stall.

Here is the cam specs 237/242 .603/.609
Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tire size is too short. WOT shift mph and rpm are a bit higher than I run for the same gear/tire combo.

It might help to log it and check the shifts. I've seen them where the scanner will say they've shifted but they really haven't. Need to separate tune from mechanical.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:36 AM
Teching In

The reason it hits the rev limiter/fuel cutout is the limiter is @6200, the tranny shift point is @ 6300, don't think that'll work. Why is the commanded PE @ 11.4-11.5? Are you planning to add a blower/turbo or nitrous? If so, better pull some timing!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle Performance
The reason it hits the rev limiter/fuel cutout is the limiter is @6200, the tranny shift point is @ 6300, don't think that'll work.......

No his rev limit in the file above is 6800. 6200 is the P/N limiter....
Old 05-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frost
No his rev limit in the file above is 6800. 6200 is the P/N limiter....
Ummm, ah, I knew that, just wanted to see if any one was paying attention, glad someone was! Gotta make my font bigger, these new lap tops have real small font, am I the only one who noticed this?!
Old 05-24-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try this trans tune. You will need the latest beta to open it, available from Hp Tuners support.

Russ Kemp
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
texas speed tune-A.hpt (460.7 KB, 182 views)
Old 05-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Eagle Performance
Ummm, ah, I knew that, just wanted to see if any one was paying attention, glad someone was! Gotta make my font bigger, these new lap tops have real small font, am I the only one who noticed this?!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How much was that tune? Sounds like shitty customer service. How can you do everything in 1 dyno pull, especially if you are paying for dyno tuning. I think you need to call up TSP and get your money back, thats unexcusable. There should be some type of regulation or law against this, better business bureau or something. They are basically stealing your money.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
How much was that tune? Sounds like shitty customer service. How can you do everything in 1 dyno pull, especially if you are paying for dyno tuning. I think you need to call up TSP and get your money back, thats unexcusable. There should be some type of regulation or law against this, better business bureau or something. They are basically stealing your money.
Oh I'm sure they'll chime in and delete the post just like a Vengeance tune that was as bad. They can't delete the one over on hptuners.com though.

where's the /facepalm smily?

Oh, and my contribution.. MAF table blows, VE table sucks. I don't see how they can come in and say it's good, so I'm not bashing, just being honest.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds like there tunes match the quality of heads and cams they put out.......
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Russ K
Try this trans tune. You will need the latest beta to open it, available from Hp Tuners support.

Russ Kemp
This tune was done by Texas Speed? What are your mods? I will download it and give it a shot. It sure cant hurt considering all the negative response I am getting about this shitty tune from Texas Speed. I may eventually pull the car up to Albuquerque, NM and let the Dyno Edge retune it. This really puts alot of distrust in TS for me and my dad just ordered a 2010 Camaro SS and was considering taking it to them for some mods and tuning but this will probably change all that. I think I will call them on tuesday and talk to the owner and see if we cant get something done about this.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Russ k is a excellent tuner just look on the HPT boards same SN everyone always turn to him for help.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Russ k is a excellent tuner just look on the HPT boards same SN everyone always turn to him for help.
Oh cool, its always nice to have people like that to help you out.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Russ K

Russ Kemp
I cant seem to find the latest beta version. I downloaded the latest 2.22 suite but it wont open the tune, can you help an idiot out?

Chris
Old 05-26-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha. Wow
Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GotN2O
I cant seem to find the latest beta version. I downloaded the latest 2.22 suite but it wont open the tune, can you help an idiot out?

Chris
email support@hptuners and ask for the beta version. They will put it in the customer section for you to download.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Chris,

Hey man, if you think the problem with the car shifting is in the PCM, bring the car back to us and we will retune it for FREE. Everything dyno tune done throught TSP has free retunes and every mail tune has a year of free retunes. I've been here for almost 5 years and I have NEVER seen Jason do a tune with a single pull. Also, we have never locked a PCM. If you want us to make some changes it just takes a call to setup an appointment and we'll get you fixed up.

Jon
Texas Speed & Performance

Last edited by Jon@Texas-Speed; 05-26-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Chris,

Hey man, if you think the problem with the car shifting is in the PCM, bring the car back to us and we will retune it for FREE. Everything dyno tune done throught TSP has free retunes and every mail tune has a year of free retunes. I've been here for almost 5 years and I have NEVER seen Jason do a tune with a single pull. Also, we have never locked a PCM. If you want us to make some changes it just takes a call to setup an appointment and we'll get you fixed up.

Jon
Texas Speed & Performance
Ok thats great that you guys will make it right. From the responses I am getting about this tune is there is alot more things wrong than just the shifting. As I said I am in no way a tuner myself so I have to count on Jason to make all the changes needed to correct this. I live in Carlsbad, NM so to take the car up there I have to take a day off from work, so I just want to know that Jason will fix the tune right. Did you or Jason look over the tune and see how bad it is?

Chris
Old 05-26-2009, 12:01 PM
FormerVendor

Just curious, but have you made any changes with your software from when the car originally left here? It's not a big deal if you have or haven't. Just let me know when you have some time and we'll get you in to look at it. You can also email us the file and I will have Jason make some changes and see if it helps. We'll help any way we can!

Jon
Old 05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

You two should just pick up the phone and stop the dirty laundry airing on here. Better for customers service.

Quick Reply: Attention tuning pros