Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diablo predator help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablo predator help

i just got a a diablo sport predator tuner and it tells you to remove three fuses before install radio, radio amp, and info. i do not have an owners Manuel and can't locate any fuse that says anything like info, so i pulled the radio and radio accessory fuse, but the tuner says it cant read my car is the fuse the problem if so where is it located and labeled.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I highly doubt that it's to do with your fuses. I asked this exact same question a few weeks back or so. Basically what I was told was this:

The info fuse is just for gps equipped cars etc, also the fuses you pulled were the same ones I ended up pulling and it worked fine. Maybe you are not following instructions properly. Have you turned your ignition on when you have the predator plugged in? Follow the step by steps as carefully as you can. As far as the fuses go, I have heard of people (including myself on occassion) that install a tune without removing ANY fuses, so you're good if you remove the ones you already have. Don't even open your doors or windows or anything while tuning/installing because you don't want a power interruption.

Note: did you buy this tuner used? If so you might want to ensure that it is in fact "unlocked". Or it won't work on your car.

Hope this helps a little. The people on here a great help and if you have a lot of Diablo specific questions you can visit their site which has a great forum there too.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

do you have your ignition key turned to the "on" position???

need to have the key turned on in order for it to be able to read/access the PCM...

also, if you have ANY aftermarket electronics, you have to make sure they're disconnected - i.e. alarm system, remote start, non-stock stereo system/amp, etc etc.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Xtreme250
i just got a a diablo sport predator tuner and it tells you to remove three fuses before install radio, radio amp, and info. i do not have an owners Manuel and can't locate any fuse that says anything like info, so i pulled the radio and radio accessory fuse, but the tuner says it cant read my car is the fuse the problem if so where is it located and labeled.
I realize you're new but you need some kind of sig; we can't tell what vehicle you have or what model diablosport tuner you are using. The fuse pulling is not for an ordinary f-body, it is for vehicles that come equipped with onstar and anything that might access your computer remotely or cause a big voltage hit while the predator is programming your pcm. I've used my predator on my 2001 Z28 several times and have never pulled a fuse.

Quick Reply: diablo predator help