PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine feels like it is being held back.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine feels like it is being held back.

Ok I am having a little issue with the motor feeling like it is being held back. If I slowly rev the car in neutral it just feels like a somewhat rough idle. When driving the car it feel like I need to press the throttle more to get the car to get up and go.

I am trying to determine if this is tune problem or something to do w/ the new headers I put on.

I recently removed my 1 5/8" primary headers and replaced them w/ 1 3/4" headers. In the process I accidently plugged the O2 sensors in the wrong side (left bank to the right header and vice versa) but I sorted this out and replaced the O2 sensors. They were old and due to be replaced anyway.

So the car has fresh plugs, wires and front O2 sensors (i am not use the rear and do not run cats).

Can someone take a look at my two most recent logs and see if there is anything fishy?

I have a feeling that I am just losing some torque from the bigger headers, but it doesn't explain why it feels like a rough rev'ing motor.

When I hold teh throttle at 1800rpm it almost feels like it is missing on one cylinder, but i am getting no codes.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
18K_REV.hpl (6.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: hpl
Quick_Drive.hpl (70.8 KB, 43 views)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine feels like it is being held back.